On Friday, CBS Philly reporter Justin Finch reported on a motive in an ambush-style attempted execution of a Philadelphia police officer.
Finch, citing police sources, said the shooter confessed, telling authorities he did it in the name of Islam.
Police sources: suspect has given a full confession, says he did it in name of Islam , Officer Hartnett is out of surgery, and stable
— Justin Finch (@JustinNBC4) January 8, 2016
“According to him, police bend laws that are contrary to the teachings of the Quran,” said Police Commissioner Richard Ross.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: The Squad
Sources say the suspect’s full confession of the alleged attack was written down and recorded on video.
Police sources identify the suspect as 30-year-old Edward Archer, of Yeadon.
“When you look at the video, this is one of the scariest things I’ve ever seen,” Commissioner Ross said. “This guy tried to execute the police officer. The police officer had no idea he was coming. It’s amazing he’s alive.”
The officer survived, despite being shot multiple times at point-blank range. He even returned fire and struck the suspect at least three times.
— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) January 8, 2016
We are grateful for the outpouring of support for our brave officer,Jesse Hartnett.Please keep him in your thoughts & prayers as he recovers
— Philadelphia Police (@PhillyPolice) January 8, 2016
At least one person said the shooting proves Trump is right. There’s a couple questions that have to be asked, however.
- Refugees arrested on terror charges in Houston, Sacramento, said to have ties to ISIS
- Hillary Clinton: Muslims ‘have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism’ – Video
- Wealthy filmmaker Michael Moore holds sign at Trump Tower: ‘We are all Muslim’
- Video: Muslim students at Brooklyn College praise Allah for ISIS
- Report: ISIS militants ‘systematically beheading’ Christian children in Mosul