While appearing on CNN Monday, KABC host John Phillips, a surrogate for GOP front-runner Donald Trump, admitted that the real estate mogul will have to “prove that he’s not Adolf Hitler” in order to win the general election against Hillary Clinton.
The statement came after Cruz supporter Steve Lonegan said that Trump and Clinton are “two sides of the same coin.”
“They both support funding for Planned Parenthood,” he said. “They both support universal health care funded by taxpayers.”
“He supports gun control for some more popular firearms and he supports big government,” he added. “I think Hillary Clinton is actually better on foreign policy than Donald Trump is.”
Phillips, however, said Trump and Clinton would have different challenges in the general election.
“I don’t think this is going to be an effective line of attack,” Phillips argued. “This is a matchup that’s very dangerous to Hillary Clinton.”
“If Donald Trump is going to win the general election, he’s going to have to prove to the public that he’s not Adolf Hitler, which is going to be easy for him to do,” Phillips added. “If Hillary Clinton is going to win the nomination, she’s going to have to prove that she’s not Hillary Clinton. That’s going to be much harder to do.”
Check out the video below:
H/T Raw Story
- White House petition demands arrest, prosecution of Donald Trump
- Video: Brown Berets, Black Panthers join other radicals in violent protest of Students for Trump in Portland
- Lena Dunham promises to move to Canada if Trump wins
- Oops: Donald Trump asks to bring back the late Joe Paterno in Pittsburgh
- Colo. GOP chair alleges thousands of threatening calls from Trump supporters