During his weekly address, President Obama announced that he is allegedly dedicated to the defeat of ISIS, or as he likes to call it, ISIL. And it seems he intends to do that by not being mean and pushing to let 100,000 Syrian refugees into the United States.
“Our openness to refugees fleeing ISIL’s violence; our determination to win the battle against ISIL’s hateful and violent propaganda — a distorted view of Islam that aims to radicalize young Muslims to their cause,” are paramount in the fight, he said.
“We have to wield another weapon alongside our airstrikes, our military, our counterterrorism work, and our diplomacy,” he added. “And that’s the power of our example. Our openness to refugees fleeing ISIL’s violence. Our determination to win the battle against ISIL’s hateful and violent propaganda – a distorted view of Islam that aims to radicalize young Muslims to their cause.”
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today? (1)
And, the Washington Examiner added, Obama has no plans to back off admitting 100,000 refugees into the country, despite what happened in Brussels.
Here’s video of Obama’s comments:
- Muslim shopkeeper who wished Christians a happy Easter murdered by fellow Muslim
- Obama finds time to lead delegation at opening of largest mosque in the US
- Obama: ISIS is not ‘an existential threat to us’
- Obama: We can’t kill terrorists who murder innocents, suggests jobs program
- Obama snubs march against terror in Paris, 50 world leaders participate