Dan Kimmel, a Democrat running for the Minnesota state House, dropped his bid after issuing a tweet that said ISIS — the terrorist group that took credit for Friday’s attacks in Paris and is well-known for its atrocities — “isn’t necessarily evil.”
The tweet was deleted, but not before being captured for all posterity:
He tried to walk back the statement, Twitchy said:
But it wasn’t enough, and he ended up closing his campaign:
The reaction on Twitter was pretty much what you’d expect:
#DanKimmel I bet your definition of evil is a tea party member
— David Streitmatter (@DStreitmatter) November 15, 2015
Trending: BREAKING: ARTURO D’ELIA CAUGHT: Head Of Italian Aerospace Company’s IT Department Used ‘Military Grade Cyber Warfare’ To Switch Votes ‘For Trump To Biden’ -ADMISSION VIA SWORN AFFIDAVIT! HOW DID HE DO IT? WHO WERE HIS HANDLERS? VIDEO EVIDENCE!
Or pretty much anyone to the right of Josef Stalin…
One person asked:
Between comments from the President, Bernie Sanders, and Dan Kimmel, I'd like some clarification of what the Democrat position on ISIS is.
— Jeff Kolb (@jpkolb) November 15, 2015
Good question. We won’t get a good answer, however. There is, of course, a simple cure — defeat every single Democrat in the country.
- Obama on Paris attack: ‘I don’t want to speculate’ on who is responsible — Video
- Clinton takes part credit in decision to take out Osama bin Laden, says nothing about Benghazi – Video
- Leader of France’s far-right party: Nation should ‘re-arm’, revoke Muslims’ passports, ‘eradicate’ radical Islam – Video
- Liberal Salon uses Paris terror attack to bash U.S., conservatives, Ben Carson
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?