“My god, you have survived and you have soared,” he said. “It was worth, it was worth it. I mean this sincerely, just to hear each of you speak.”
Reaction was pretty much what you’d expect:
Which Candidate Do You Support in the Republican Primaries?
VP Biden just told Boston bombing survivors: "It was worth it"
— RickLeventhal (@RickLeventhal) April 15, 2014
Biden says bombing was worth it…….the stupid is off the charts.
— woot6 (@woot6) April 15, 2014
I tend to agree.
Video of Biden’s statements can be seen below. The remark comes at about the :40 mark:
- Joe Biden falsely claims he pushed to get Poland in NATO as Sen. committee chair
- Vice President Joe Biden caught in lie about college football career
- Joe Biden falsely claimed he voted against Afghanistan, Iraq wars during debate
- State Department contradicts Biden’s debate claim on Libya security
- VP Joe Biden to reporter: ‘Don’t screw around with me’
- Report: Vice President Joe Biden calls Tea Party Republicans terrorists