Florida became the 26th state to adopt some form of permitless carry, making it part of the majority of the United States. The only difference with the state’s law is that it does NOT allow open carry, only concealed carry without a permit or training. Governor DeSantis signed the bill into law on April 3.
“The NRA applauds Florida for becoming the 26th state to adopt the vital Constitutional Carry legislation,” NRA-ILA Interim Executive Director Randy Kozuch told Fox News. “This NRA-spearheaded initiative empowers Floridians to exercise their Second Amendment rights without undue bureaucratic barriers, affirming the fundamental right to self-defense.”
“We thank Gov. DeSantis for his support of self-defense and Second Amendment laws and for prioritizing the safety and security of Florida residents,” Kozuch continued, later adding: “We extend our gratitude to the Florida legislature and all those who have worked tirelessly to make this a reality in the Sunshine State.” Daily Wire
The law was passed by the Republican super majority in both Florida houses . The new law removes the need for a permit to carry a concealed weapon for anyone 21 years or over. It also removes the requirement for training, although such training will still be available, as will permits.
The law also contains an expansion of Florida’s School Guardian program, which allows school employees to concealed carry firearms on school grounds. It also does the following:
▪ The bill requires the Office of Safe Schools to create a standard behavioral threat assessment process, including procedures for making referrals to mental health service providers. It also requires that a threat assessment team include someone Buternor DeSantis who has personal familiarity with the student being assessed.
▪ The legislation creates the Florida Safe Schools Canine Program, which allows for firearms detection dogs in participating schools. Yahoo News
The bill had major opposition from anti-gun groups, which is standard for every state that has passed similar laws. Florida now joins 25 other states that work to protect self-defense.
- Florida Surgeon General: mRNA COVID Shots Have TERRIBLE Safety Profile (Video)
- Florida Surgeon General Admits That Covid Jabs Have A “Terrible Safety Profile” – “I’m Not Sure Anyone Should Be Taking Them”
- Florida Federal Judge Rules Biden’s “Catch and Release” Policy Violates the Law
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the new social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: