The Los Angeles Times reported that not only are thousands losing their health care plans despite Obama’s promises, but the average premium for middle-class consumers will spike by 30 percent.
A post at Breitbart.com says this is “in line with what we are seeing all over the country.” In some cases, consumers are seeing their premiums increase by a factor of ten.
So what happened to Obama’s promises? Did he forget what he said over and over again, or was it just a bald-faced lie
Which Candidate Do You Support in the Republican Primaries?
For those who forgot, here’s Obama promising — at least 19 times — to reduce the average family’s premium by as much as $2,500 per year:
Not only that, Obama promised that those who liked their insurance could keep it. Turns out that’s a lie as well.
Amy Ridenour tallied up nearly 1.5 million people in just six states and the District of Columbia who have already lost their coverage thanks to the massive law:
- 800,000 in New Jersey.
- 119,000 from Blue Shield in California.
- 160,000 from Kaiser in California.
- 300,000 in Florida.
- 24,000 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13,000 in central and eastern Pennsylvania.
- 76,000 from CareFirst in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia.
“That adds up to 1,492,000 cancellations. And that number is low as similar cancellation notices have gone out in Alabama, Georgia, and North Carolina. We also know that Humana has cancelled policies in Maryland. Unfortunately, no numbers are available thus far in those cases,” she added.
And the situation is only going to get worse. A post at the Weekly Standard says that according to health policy expert Bob Laszewski, an estimated 16 million Americans will lose their current insurance because of Obamacare.
Not only that, but according to NBC News, the Obama administration has known this for at least three years.
So much for “hope and change.”
- White House admits: Despite promises, some will lose current insurance coverage
- GOP Rep.: Obamacare website unsafe, unsecure, may have to be rebuilt
- Obamacare operator fired for taking Hannity call gets year’s salary
- Video: Kathleen Sebelius says she doesn’t work for people who want her to resign
- Nancy Pelosi: GOP ‘sabotage’ hindering implementation of Obamacare
- Liberals blame Koch brothers, Tea Party conspiracy for Obamacare site failure
- Juan Williams blames GOP for Obamacare software failures (Video)
- Dem. Rep. John Conyers: Massive Obamacare law a ‘very small and modest bill’
- John Conyers: Obamacare “platform” to socialized health care
- Nancy Pelosi: Obamacare about the freedom to choose happiness
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow ‘forced’ home inspections by gov’t agents
- Architect of Obamacare to release comic book explaining law
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Most native Americans pay no deductibles or copays with Obamacare
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Orrin Hatch unpatriotic for not worshiping Obama, calling Obamacare a ‘bill’