While appearing on MSNBC this Saturday, Rep. Al Green, D-Tex., said the impeachment of Donald Trump is necessary in order to deal with, wait for it, slavery.
That’s right. Even though slavery was ended after the Civil War at the cost of over 600,000 lives, Green thinks Trump is somehow responsible.
“I believe that the American people understand that this is something that we must do at this point. I don’t speak for all of the American people. About a majority seem to think so. And I think that we’re moving forward in a very cautious and prudent way, which is what is expected,” he said.
“But I also think that if we don’t include some of the things that are important to people of color, then I think that our business won’t be finished. I do believe, ma’am, that we have to deal with the original sin. We have to deal with slavery. Slavery was the thing that put all of what President Trump has done lately into motion,” he added.
Here’s video of his comment:
- Analysis: Democrat Party a DIRECT THREAT to United States with sham impeachment
- Dem Rep Al Green: ‘No Limit to the Number of Times’ Dems Will Try to Impeach Trump (Video)
- Dem. Rep. Al Green claims Trump ‘does not have to commit a crime to be impeached’ — Video
- Former Navy SEAL Craig ‘Sawman’ Sawyer warns of ‘gruesome massacre’ if Trump removed from office
- Opinion: Radical Democrats, allies deliberately pushing America to brink of second bloody civil war
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and the new social site, Hardcore Conservatives.