On Wednesday, a group of 33 House Republicans sent a letter to President Obama demanding the resignation of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
Sebelius responded Thursday saying she doesn’t work for the people who want her to resign, the National Review Online said.
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
My goal is to actually get the website up and running,” she said. “The majority of people calling for me to resign I would say are people who I don’t work for and who do not want this program to work in the first place. I have had frequent conversations with the president and I have committed to him that my role is to get the program up and running and we will do just that.”
“The scope of the problem is so great that, were this a private company or military command, the CEO or general would have been fired,” they wrote. “We are, therefore, calling on you to hold Secretary Sebelius accountable for the fiasco that is HealthCare.gov and ask for her resignation,” House Republicans said.
How bad is the problem?
It’s so bad even Obama’s former Chief of Staff is calling it an embarrassment:
It’s also so bad that seven Democrats have put forward a bill to postpone the deadline. The AP reported:
A growing number of the president’s allies are worried about political fallout from glitches in the administration’s health insurance website.
Seven Senate Democrats want the White House to postpone parts of the law while contractors and the government work out kinks that have kept many consumers from signing up.
West Virginia Democrat Joe Manchin is co-sponsoring a bill to delay the $95 penalty for not enrolling.
Six other Democrats up for re-election next year are asking to postpone the March 31 enrollment deadline. They are Sens. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire, Mark Udall of Colorado, Tom Udall of New Mexico, Mark Pryor of Arkansas, Mark Begich of Alaska and Kay Hagan of North Carolina.
We’re waiting for MSNBC to start fomenting hate and violence against these seven Democrats…
Here’s Sebelius’s statement:
- Nancy Pelosi: GOP ‘sabotage’ hindering implementation of Obamacare
- Liberals blame Koch brothers, Tea Party conspiracy for Obamacare site failure
- Juan Williams blames GOP for Obamacare software failures (Video)
- Dem. Rep. John Conyers: Massive Obamacare law a ‘very small and modest bill’
- John Conyers: Obamacare “platform” to socialized health care
- Nancy Pelosi: Obamacare about the freedom to choose happiness
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow ‘forced’ home inspections by gov’t agents
- Architect of Obamacare to release comic book explaining law
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Most native Americans pay no deductibles or copays with Obamacare
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Orrin Hatch unpatriotic for not worshiping Obama, calling Obamacare a ‘bill’