YouTube censorship is nothing new as we’ve repeatedly reported, but it seems the site has gone bonkers censoring conservatives.
According to the UK Independent:
YouTube’s new moderation team appears to have mistakenly removed a number of right-wing political channels from the site.
The video-streaming giant – owned, like Google, by Alphabet – is currently stepping up its efforts to remove offensive content as the US gun control debate heats up following the Florida high school massacreon 14 February in which ex-student Nikolas Cruz killed 17 people with an AR-15 assault rifle.
Over 10,000 new staff were hired in December as the company sought to address fake news and inappropriate clips being uploaded, following criticism of its hosting contentious material without challenge. However, YouTube appears to have encountered teething problems with its new censorship body.
The Independent report, however, did NOT report that one of the far-left groups helping to censor content on YouTube is none other than the Southern Poverty Law Center…
The report, however, did say that several “pro-gun channels were issued with strikes, partial bans or temporary suspensions – with InfoWars the most prominent – leading to accusations that YouTube was purging itself of conservative commentators.”
Mark Dice addresses this in today’s video of the day:
- YouTube censors video of far-left Antifa chanting calls to murder conservatives
- Panel to discuss social media censorship and political bias by Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google
- YouTube censors, flags video interview with Pamela Geller
- PragerU sues Google, YouTube over alleged censorship of conservative videos
- YouTube to work with liberal ADL, censor non-rulebreaking content