It seems that Lanny Davis isn’t too impressed with fired FBI Director James Comey.
According to the Daily Caller:
Trending: Yellow Vest Protests Spread to Canada
Appearing on “Fox & Friends” on Sunday, Davis pointed to Comey’s interactions with Congress in September 2016 and his decision the next month to reopen an investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s emails.
Davis says that Comey is lying when he says that he was “obligated” to write a letter on Oct. 28, 2016, re-opening the email probe because of promises he had made to Congress. Davis claims that Comey merely told congressional leaders that he would “look at” any new evidence that emerged regarding Clinton emails.
“Mr. Comey is lying when he said he was, quote, ‘obligated’ to write that letter because he promised Congress. He now knows that that’s a false statement; a knowing false statement is a lie,” he said during an appearance on “Fox & Friends.”
“He knows all he said to Congress is I will quote ‘look at new information.’ He never said I will turn over something to you,” he added.
Here’s video, courtesy of Lid’s Vids:
More videos here.
- Loretta Lynch slams James Comey before ABC interview: He ‘never’ raised concerns about Hillary email probe
- ‘Leaker, liar & untruthful slime ball’ – Trump fury v. Comey unleashed
- GOP launches aggressive ‘Lyin’ Comey’ website to fact-check new book
- Justice by polling? Comey admits he was swayed by polling in Clinton investigation in new book
- Gregg Jarrett: ‘No demonstrable truth’ in James Comey’s book