It seems that retired neurosurgeon and former GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson may have some regrets over his endorsement of media mogul Donald Trump and indicated that he may have preferred another candidate, according to an interview he gave Newsmax’s Steve Malzberg.
“I have to look at what is practical,” he said. “I didn’t see a path for Kasich, who I like, or Rubio, who I like. As far as Cruz is concerned, I don’t think that he’s going to be able to draw Independents and Democrats unless he has some kind of miraculous change.”
“I have to look at what is practical and what is going to save this country and the American dream for the next generation. Is there another scenario that I would have preferred? Yes. But that scenario isn’t available,” he added.
When asked if he meant another candidate besides Trump, Carson said, “yeah.”
Video of his interview can be seen below:
Carson has also indicated he may have a position in a potential Trump administration, something that caused concern on social media.
— Dorothy Grissom (@DorothyGrissom) March 15, 2016
Others, however, had a different point of view:
@Newsmax_Media Mr. Carson is a nice man, Mr. Trump is mean I hope that Mr. Trump listens to Mr Carson and will be nicer.
— News Bob (@BobGazoo) March 14, 2016
@Newsmax_Media Good Carson seems like a good guy but didn't have the fight needed. At least this way we can benefit from some of his insight
— Election Woes (@ElectionWoes) March 14, 2016
- Rumor that Ben Carson dropping out result of mixed signals from media reports
- Did Ben Carson admit that CNN started the rumor that he is dropping out?
- Ben Carson: No ‘political path forward’ in GOP nomination, drops Fox debate
- Ben Carson, family and friends target of IRS harassment for criticizing Obama
- Liberal attorney: Dr. Ben Carson ‘a monster’ who should remain silent