The effort to rid the world of borders and sovereignty got a bit of a push when Peter Sutherland, the United Nations special representative of the secretary-general for international migration, said in no uncertain terms that borders must be done away with.
According to Sutherland, national sovereignty is an “illusion,” and must also be scrapped. Moreover, he said that countries must take in more refugees, regardless of the consequences.
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?
A post at The New American said:
In an October 8 interview with UN News Centre, Sutherland responded to the question, “What is your message to governments?” with this reply: “I will ask the governments to cooperate, to recognise that sovereignty is an illusion — that sovereignty is an absolute illusion that has to be put behind us. The days of hiding behind borders and fences are long gone. We have to work together and cooperate together to make a better world. And that means taking on some of the old shibboleths, taking on some of the old historic memories and images of our own country and recognising that we’re part of humankind.”
Translation: Do away with your borders.
And, the post adds, Sutherland is no mere apparatchik:
Sutherland is an insider’s insider who is well known worldwide in the corridors of real power. The UN News Centre introduction gives only a faint hint concerning his stature in the ranks of the global political and economic elite, noting: “A former Attorney General of Ireland, Mr. Sutherland has served as EU Commissioner for competition policy, and headed the Global Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and the World Trade Organization (WTO).”
And that’s not all. William F. Jasper adds:
- Until this past June, Sutherland was chairman of Goldman Sachs International, the global banking behemoth known to critics as the “vampire squid” for its predatory, corrupt practices;
- he is a regular attendee and former Steering Committee member of the ultra-secretive, ultra-elite Bilderberg Group;
- he was European chairman of the Trilateral Commission;
- he is past chairman of British Petroleum (BP);
- he is honorary president of the Transatlantic Policy Network (TPN), one of the principal corporatist insider organizations promoting EU-U.S. merger through the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP);
- as a principal architect of the WTO, he has been hailed as “the father of globalization”; and
- as a top Eurocrat, he played a lead role in destroying national sovereignty by replacing national currencies (and national monetary control) with the euro, as well as engineering the “borderless Europe,” which the current migrant crisis is now proving to have been so destructive.
Wonderful. And now he’s calling for an end to all borders and all national sovereignty. Something I’m sure the Obama regime will get right on top of…
- Muslim cleric reveals the truth about refugees, Germany arrests ISIS recruiter
- ‘Terrorists within’; wealthiest Arab-Muslim nations refuse any Syrian refugees
- Video: Czech doctor reveals horrific reality of Muslim migrants in Germany
- Dick Durbin: Obama to ‘borrow’ Constitutional power to rule on immigration
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution