If you were wondering whether there is a downside to social media and other forms of instantaneous communication, a heartbreaking story out of Indianapolis provides an answer.
CBS Cleveland has the shocking tale of a mother whose grief over the violent shooting death of her 15-year-old son was compounded by the manner in which she received the tragic news:
Nikkita Milledge, told WTHR that she read about her son, Anthony Warren, being killed outside of an apartment complex Saturday through Facebook [emphasis added].
‘Someone put on Facebook ‘RIP Anthony, I’ll miss you,’ Milledge explained.
The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police say her son, who was a star athlete and won a state football championship, died after he was shot twice.News video may be viewed here.]
Warren left home Friday to go visit a friend and was going to be dropped off on Saturday, Milledge explained, adding:
Saturday afternoon, I hadn’t heard from him and I called him at about 1:48 and he didn’t answer his phone. I later found out that at 1:48 Anthony was already dead. He had died at 1 o’clock.
Police responded to a report of gunshots near an apartment complex. When they arrived on the scene, the victim had already died. They followed standard procedures, which include positively identifying the body and contacting the next of kin before sharing that information with local news media. This time, they were too late.
“He loves everybody around the house. He takes care of everybody,” Johnny Milledge, the slain teen’s brother told reporters.
Police are investigating and looking for those responsible for Warren’s murder. Funeral services are pending.
- 11-year-old assaults grandmother after she refuses to buy him toy
- Ohio couple returns 9-year-old boy they adopted when he was 3 months old
- Perps in latest ‘Knockout’ game are elementary school students; libs still insist attacks are mythical
- Daycare worker admits to murdering 3-year-old because she ‘refused to take her coat off’
- Mother jailed for up to 30 years for burning off teen son’s penis and nipples with lighter
- Family of black teen who attempted armed robbery irate that a Good Samaritan shot him (Video)
- Families of armed robbers shot to death by concerned citizen demand justice (Video)
- GA high school senior suspended one year for hugging teacher
- Man wrongfully imprisoned won’t see dime of $5M settlement because Detroit is broke
- 5th-grader suspended for ‘shooting’ imaginary ‘arrow’ at classmate