As we reported Tuesday, Robert “LaVoy” Finicum, the spokesman for the militia members who occupied a federal facility near Burns, Oregon, was killed after authorities stopped vehicles about 20 miles north of Burns. According to reports, Ammon Bundy — who was arrested — reportedly told his wife he saw Finicum get shot three times as he lay on the ground with his hands over his head.
Some appeared happy to hear that Finicum was killed.
— Nick Ash (@NickOfTheNW) January 27, 2016
Mike Dickinson, the unhinged liberal who once said he was okay with the extermination of five million NRA members, also weighed in:
Others were upset authorities didn’t kill Bundy as well:
Some commenters at the far-left Think Progress gleefully responded to the news:
You may recall that back when Bundy and other militia members first occupied the buildings at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Montel Williams suggested using the National Guard to kill them.
Williams responded to Tuesday’s shooting:
Actually, the militia members were in a moving car, driving to a scheduled meeting at nearby John Day. This happened during a felony car stop, and it’s not even clear who fired first.
But from what we’ve seen, the one man killed wasn’t carrying a weapon and pointed nothing at officers. According to some reports, he was actually cooperating with authorities when he was shot.
The reaction to Finicum’s death is almost enough to make one think liberals really do want a second, bloody civil war in America.
Here’s video taken one day before he was killed:
- Bundy arrested, Oregon militia spokesman killed in confrontation; Reportedly shot while holding hands up
- Montel Williams: Let’s use National Guard to kill militia members in Oregon
- Liberal response to Oregon ‘standoff’ reveals desire for unrest, violence and bloodshed
- Report claims Eric Holder approved drone strike against Bundy ranch
- Report: Obama considered using military force against Bundy ranch, supporters