On Thursday, the Daily Caller reported that Fred Gralinski, the Central Coventry Fire District chairman, called firefighters “terrorists” and compared them to ISIS for — get this — displaying the U.S. flag on a fire truck.
A local NBC affiliate obtained audio of his comments.
“They look like a bunch of yahoos,” he said. “Like in the paper, like ISIS in Syria going to take over a city. I don’t think they need that big flag on the back of the truck. That’s not America to me. Those are a bunch of terrorists. So, I’m going to ask you to take the flag off that truck.”
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
Here’s video of the report:
The Daily Caller added:
Now, the firefighters union claims they’re being told to take the flag off of the truck. “It’s American to us,” union president David Gorman told NBC10. “The members are very upset. I have a couple members, armed service retired, retired from the guard.”
Gregg Perry, a spokesman for the fire district, told NBC10 that the district is indeed implementing a new policy but that it only requires firefighters to “ask for permission” to put American flags and decals on their trucks. The firefighters, however, told NBC10 that the district is pressuring them behind the scenes to remove the American flag.
According to the Daily Caller, Gralinski apologized for any “perceived disrespect” from his comments.
The Right Scoop added: “He should be forced to walk around that town in a suit made purely of the American flag. And dance too, make him dance.”
Works for me.
- Videos: Racist black ‘F- Yo Flag’ activists spit, stomp on flag in front of veterans at Trump event
- Michigan City Worker Removes Memorial Day Flag Display
- High school bans flying flags from vehicles, reportedly threatens graduation rites
- Video: California beach-goers sign petition to ban, redesign U.S. flag
- Democratic Rep. Jan Schakowsky disgraces U.S. flag in gay pride parade