According to a 2012 study done by Northwestern University, only 48% of Democrats know the Earth orbits the sun and understand that it takes a year for it to do so.
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today? (1)
Notice what group comes in at the top — Conservative Republicans. It is sad, however, to see that only 67.3 percent of that group understands a basic scientific concept, but it’s also important to note that only 46.4 percent of liberal Republicans know this basic fact.
Conservative Democrats, as you can see, come in dead last. Perhaps that’s because there are so few of them left these days…
Still, this blows the lid off the old liberal talking points that conservative Tea Party types are knuckledragging idiots who don’t don’t believe in science.
Earlier Thursday, Rush Limbaugh said this shows some people can be enticed into believing anything — like man-made global warming.
- Education fail: Poll says one in four unaware Earth orbits the Sun
- Common Core tells teachers to say ‘all right wing extremist groups’ are fascist
- Tenn. high school student shreds Common Core, denied extra time to speak
- Portland school sees racism in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Common Core book claims white voters rejected Obama due to race
- Common Core assignment: Remove two amendments from ‘outdated’ Bill of Rights
- Common Core lesson teaches messianic view of Obama
- Texas 6th graders assigned to design flag for new socialist nation
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Young Communist League targets children in ‘Red School Bus Tour’
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 3: The cult of Barack Obama
- Florida professor: Obama an ‘apostle’ sent to create ‘heaven here on earth’