Joint Session Grand Slam: Trump’s Best Lines of the Night
On Tuesday, President Trump addressed a joint session of Congress for the very first time. Here’s a collection of the best lines from his address:
- My job is not to represent the world. My job is to represent the United States of America.
- We all bleed the same blood. We all salute the same American flag. And we are all made by the same God.
- Repeal and replace Obamacare with reforms that expand choice and provide better healthcare. Mandating that Americans buy insurance was never the right solution for our country. The way to do it is to lower the cost of health insurance and that is what we are going to do.
- We must restore the rule of law at our borders.
- Education is the civil rights issue of our time.
- To break the cycle of poverty, we must also break the cycle of violence. . . . To do that we must work together with the men and women of law enforcement. We must unify and not be divisive. They are mothers and fathers and families. We must support the incredible men and women of law enforcement.
- It is reckless to allow uncontrolled entry from places where proper vetting cannot occur.
- To keep American safe, we must provide military with the tools to fight so that they can win. I am sending Congress a budget that rebuilds military, eliminates the sequester, and calls for one of the largest military increased in spending in history. We must deliver for them. None are braver than those who fight for America in uniform.
- On immigration: the current outdated system puts pressure on taxpayers. Other countries have merit-based system. We must adopt the basic principle that those entering our country must be able to support themselves financially.
- We are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all of its very ugly forms.
- We want peace wherever peace can be found.
- The time for small thinking is over. The time for rival fights is behind us. Seize this movement. Believe in yourselves. Believe in this moment. Believe in your future.
Check here for a complete transcript of President Trump’s speech to Congress.
Here’s full video of his speech:
- Liberals Attack Navy SEAL’s Widow and President Trump
- Video: Watch Donald Trump’s full speech in Alabama
- Thug pulls assault rifle on Trump supporter over #MAGA flag — Video
- Ashley Judd: Trump victory worse than being raped
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: