As the GOP continues to suggest that the select committee investigating the events of January 6th, 2021 has been given far too wide a berth of late, one of its only Republican members, (the symbolically-anointed Liz Cheney), is making some bold claims.
The investigation into the attempted insurrection at the Capitol has been ongoing for well over a year at this point, with the “bipartisan in name only” committee allegedly scrounging together “new” information in the case.
“Our first priority is to make recommendations,” Cheney, one of two Republicans on the nine-person select committee, said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “We’re looking at things like do we need additional enhanced criminal penalties for the kind of supreme dereliction of duty that you saw with President Trump when he refused to tell the mob to go home after he had provoked that attack on the Capitol.
“So there will be legislative recommendations, and there certainly will be new information.”
The committee, which has been interviewing witnesses for several months, is expected to hold hearings this spring.
The committee has been largely characterized as a “fishing expedition” by the GOP, with several prominent members of Donald Trump’s inner circle either blowing the group off wholesale or answering subpoenas by pleading the 5th.
Cross-posted with Flag and Cross
Will this presidential election be the most important in American history?
- No, Romney, The Fate Of Democracy Does NOT Hinge On Cheney Winning Her Primary In Wyoming
- Sham Jan 6 Committee Faces Fresh Lawsuit from RNC
- Pelosi’s Sham Jan 6 Committee Claims Absolute Dictatorial Power As It Probes Citizens With No Judicial Limits
- Partisan Jan. 6 Committee Accused Of Violating House Rules By Refusing To Provide Reports
- Troubles Mount For Pelosi’s Sham Jan. 6 Panel As Photojournalist Sues Committee
- Pelosi’s Jan 6th Committee Piles on Subpoenas, Adding Kayleigh McEnany, More
- JAN 6: What Is Pelosi Hiding About The Role SHE Played In The Security Failures?
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the new social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.