While speaking at a fundraiser in Colorado Wednesday evening, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, called Sen. Ted Cruz a “jackass,” the Daily Caller reported.
Apparently, the comment didn’t sit too well with some of those in attendance.
The Daily Caller added:
At a Steamboat Springs event for GOP Rep. Scott Tipton, the Ohio Republican quipped that he likes how Cruz’s presidential campaign keeps “that jackass” out of Washington, and from telling Boehner how to do his job.
That remark rubbed some attendees the wrong way.
“I don’t think it’s terribly speaker-like, and I think it kind of goes against everything that Reagan ever said about disparaging Republicans,” said Ed MacArthur, the president of Native Excavating, who was reportedly at the fundraiser. “It’s becoming very disturbing to me that we can’t have good, polite conversation.”
MacArthur said Boehner has the right to make the statement, but it shows how the GOP establishment views the conservative base.
It’s long past time for Boehner to go…
H/T Gateway Pundit
- House Members File to Remove Boehner as Speaker
- Announcing ‘Operation Balls to Impeach’ and open letter to John Boehner
- Obama-Boehner ‘cromnibus’ gives half-billion to equip ISIS-linked Syrian rebels
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Boehner: I ‘absolutely’ trust Obama; Conservatives respond with disbelief, anger