Australia and Great Britain share Queen Elizabeth II as their Sovereign, and at least technically, she still holds the title as the Queen of Australia.
Both nations also share a bit of a problem with militant Islamic jihadists wanting to kill their respective citizens who may stand in the way of their stated desire of establishing a sharia-compliant global caliphate.
Case in point would be in two separate news reports from opposite ends of the globe.
As reported by England’s Lincolnshire Echo on Aug. 1, 2015, and also by Australia’s Sydney Morning Herald on Aug. 2, 2015, the shadow of jihad is resulting in two very different actions in each nation.
While the family of a British soldier has fled their home in the east of England following a rather straightforward Islamist death threat, a group of Australians have formed a political party specifically to counter the growth radical Islam Down Under.
- Facebook green-lights criminal activity against anti-jihad conservatives
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary: Anyone insulting Islam or Mohammed must die
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary blames free speech for Charlie Hebdo murders
- Obama administration responds to Hebdo attack by vowing to fight Islamophobia
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary warns of ‘blood bath’ if West doesn’t stifle freedom to appease Muslims