“Millions of jobs have been lost,” Biden lamented during his inaugural speech. “Hundreds of thousands of businesses closed.”
Some of the hardest-hit have been restaurants and bars, with restrictions or flat-out lockdowns being imposed on those businesses since March of last year.
Many have been put out of business, never to return.
That's what happens when blue states around the country keep their states locked down and then suddenly decide it's time to open the week before Biden is inaugurated. It's a BOOM! It's a MIRACLE! No, it's just disgusting, abusive politics. https://t.co/ukfvwnhY6U
— Tammy Bruce (@HeyTammyBruce) January 19, 2021
Blue States and Cities Suddenly Happy to Open Restaurants
Many businesses were the victims of draconian measures put in place by Democrat politicians. But now, those same politicians are suddenly experiencing a change of heart.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo got the ball rolling just before Biden’s entrance to the White House.
Cuomo, who had micromanaged the pandemic response to extreme degrees – implementing curfews and even dictating what kinds of food were acceptable to eat when out at a bar – suddenly had an epiphany.
“We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass,” Cuomo announced.
Other blue state politicians dutifully agree now that former President Trump is gone.
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) January 11, 2021
A slew of blue Democrat politicians have announced relaxing restrictions on restaurants and bars in the week since President Biden was inaugurated.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom surprised his state’s residents with an announcement just hours ago “allowing the reopening of outdoor dining, indoor salons.”
- Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s virus mitigation plan allowed indoor dining to resume over the weekend at limited capacity in Chicago and its Cook County suburbs.
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, who told residents to stay home during the holidays, also cheered the return of “limited indoor dining and more.”
- Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser lifted a ban on indoor dining on Friday.
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced that Michigan is reopening indoor dining on the first of February.
- Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott announced that eateries would reopen for indoor and outdoor dining at a limited capacity last week.
JUST IN: Multiple sources tell me Governor Newsom will lift the stay at home order on all regions in California tomorrow.
All counties will go back to the tier system, sources say. Most will return to the purple tier— allowing the reopening of outdoor dining, indoor salons.
— Ashley Zavala (@ZavalaA) January 25, 2021
Has the ‘science’ suddenly changed? Is this simply a response to the vaccine created under the guidance of the Trump administration being distributed?
Or is there something else going on here?
The average daily death rates in the United States are actually higher than they were back in April and May of 2020 when many of these businesses were initially being shut down.
And while cases are on the decline of late, the New York Times reports that new strains of the coronavirus “could erase progress.”
Seems like Democrats would want to remain cautious rather than plowing ahead with reopenings.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer the economy be opened back up to full capacity, but it was Democrats and the media who insisted under President Trump that any suggestion of opening up businesses meant you wanted to kill seniors and children.
MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough at one point accused Republicans seeking to rescue the American economy of wanting to “euthanize” senior citizens.
“They [Republicans] want to make sure that people that own businesses in their district or in their states will keep giving them campaign contributions,” Scarborough claimed.
“I grew up in a Baptist Church and I heard a lot about abortion on the front end of life and euthanizing seniors on the other side of life,” he continued. “That is killing.”
Anybody care to ask him how he feels about Democrats suddenly becoming the party that wants to see businesses opened back up under President Biden when they insisted on keeping them shackled under President Trump?
Cross-posted with Mental Recession
- California’s Stringent Virus Lockdowns: Have They Done Any Good?
- Conservative Economists Prove Lockdowns Destroying Blue State Economies
- Lockdowns From Lying California Democrats
- Over One Million Jobs Lost In Two Weeks As COVID Lockdowns Intensify
- Unhinged Liberal Teacher To Anti-Lockdown Protesters: ‘B*tch Kill Yourself!’ (Video)
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Codias, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!
And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: