On January 24, Illinois State Rep Daniel Didech introduced HB 0888 to the legislature. The bill amends the state’s Firearms Owner ID Card to allow the State Police to search your Social Media accounts before gun purchase. That’s not counting SB 107, introduced by Senator Julie Morrison, which is a ban on commonly owned firearms.
The synopsis of Illinois HB 0888 states:
“Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that the Department of State Police shall conduct a search of the purchasers’ social media accounts available to the public to determine if there is any information that would disqualify the person from obtaining or require revocation of a currently valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card. Provides that each applicant for a Firearm Owner’s Identification Card shall furnish to the Department of State Police a list of every social media account.”
And that’s not all that was introduced on January 24. It appears to be a full court press gun-grabber special.
Senate Bill 107, sponsored by Senator Julie Morrison (D-29), would brand many modern semi-automatic rifles, semi-automatic handguns, and shotguns commonly owned by law-abiding citizens as “assault weapons” and ban them along with spare parts and accessories.
Some examples to be banned include:
- Any semi-automatic rifle or handgun that can accept a detachable magazine greater than ten rounds in capacity and has one or more features, such as a protruding grip for the support hand; a folding, telescoping, or thumbhole stock; a handguard; or a muzzle brake or compensator.
- Any semi-automatic shotgun that has one or more feature such as the ability to accept a detachable magazine; a folding, telescoping, or thumbhole stock; or a protruding grip for the support hand.
- Any fixed magazine semi-automatic rifles or handguns greater than ten rounds in capacity and fixed magazine semi-automatic shotguns greater than five rounds in capacity.
- Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
- Any part or accessory that would configure a firearm as above.
- Any firearm listed here by name or their duplicates.
Is HB 088 a violation of the 4th Amendment? SB 107 is a violation of the 2nd Amendment, since they are commonly owned weapons used for hunting, and self defense. HB 0888 has verbiage about searching “public” social media posts, which is irrelevant if the person has them locked down to “friends only.” Can they deny you a gun because your posts are not set to “public?”
- Tlaib Tirade, Impeachment Papers, Gun Control Promises – Congress Day…
- Will the Democrat Push for Gun Control Backfire?
- Anti-gun lawmakers pre-file gun control bills in MO, WA
- ‘Everytown’ gun control lobby wants ‘Next Step’ and Dems promise it
- Pelosi’s promise: If Dems flip House, Gun Control is priority
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Please be sure to check out our MeWe page here and check us out at ProAmerica Only here.
And while you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!