On Tuesday, Fox News’ Sean Hannity announced that he will not be discussing the Seth Rich murder for the time being. The announcement came after he reportedly received a “heartfelt” letter from the Rich family, he said.
“I totally and completely understand how upset and how hard this is on this family, especially over the recent coverage of Seth’s death. I’ve been communicating with them. I got a very heartfelt note. I also sent them a heartfelt note back,” Hannity said.
“Out of respect for the family’s wishes,” he added. “For now, I am not discussing this matter at this time.”
“Think about how you would feel losing a son or brother. And while dealing with this, you had baseless accusations of your lost family member being part of a vast conspiracy,” Seth’s brother Aaron Rich said in a letter provided to CNN. “As the family, we would hope to be the first people to learn about any such evidence and reasons for Seth’s death,” he added.
“It is a travesty that you would prompt false conspiracy theories and other people’s agendas rather than work with the family to learn the truth.”
On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.
We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted.
Hannity also came under attack by the George Soros-funded Media Matters, which posted a list of advertisers while smearing Hannity as a “professional propagandist for President Donald Trump, as well as a bigot, a sexist, and a conspiracy theorist.”
“As host of Fox News’ Hannity, he has used his platform to advocate for authoritarian tactics toward the press, defend Trump’s obstruction of the investigation into collusion between the president’s associates and Russia, and attack judges who have ruled against Trump’s Muslim bans,” Media Matters added.
But despite being slammed as a conspiracy theorist, Hannity said he stands behind his reporting:
A segment from my radio show today, I stand by everything I said & have said on this topic. More at 10pm tonight. https://t.co/hsWP0s2fcT
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) May 24, 2017
And he addressed the Media Matters jihad to silence him:
IMPORTANT! Mediamatters is trying to silence me, get me fired, pressure my advertising on radio & TV. Liberal Fascism. I need your help!!
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) May 23, 2017
After Tuesday’s program, he tweeted a request for support:
Please retweet. https://t.co/IFiaBp9Tn8
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) May 24, 2017
The Hill reported that while Fox News retracted the Seth Rich story for now, Hannity has not and ripped those accusing him of pushing a conspiracy theory:
“For those accusing me of pushing a conspiracy theory, you are the biggest phony hypocrites in the entire world,” Hannity said Tuesday.
“This issue, it’s so big now that the entire Russia collusion narrative is hanging by a thread,” he said, referencing media coverage of the investigations into the Trump campaign and possible ties to Russia’s meddling in the presidential election last year.
“If in fact, take Seth out of it, there was a whistleblower within the DNC — a truth-teller that was actually the source for WikiLeaks, not Russia — working with the Trump campaign. These are questions that I have a moral obligation to ask, and I will do the mainstream media’s job like I have most of my career.”
Hannity has been arguing for days that heavy media coverage of the Trump-Russia investigation is hypocritical because no evidence has been found directly linking the campaign to Russia thus far.
“You’re trying to take down a president, and I’m trying to get to the truth,” he said on his radio program Tuesday. “I have an agenda to get to the truth,” he added. “I’m not saying I have answers yet, but I’m digging deep, and I have a lot more information than all of you do at this point.”
Questions still remain about Rich’s murder and his possible role in the release of DNC emails to Wikileaks. As we reported earlier, Kim Dotcom said Rich was involved in the email leaks, but has so far not provided more conclusive information.
- Kim Dotcom: ‘Seth Rich was involved’ in DNC leak
- WikiLeaks: Family of DNC staffer raising money to re-open investigation of mysterious murder
- Huma and Hill’s Brotherhood Mafia Nexus Comes To A Head: DNC Staffer’s Murderous Cover-up!
- Former UK ambassador: I’ve met DNC Wikileaks leaker, and it’s an insider, not a Russian
- Unhinged: James Carville floats conspiracy theory that GOP, FBI, KGB in cahoots to hijack election — Video
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: