Many residents of leftist-controlled states like Oregon are growing more and more frustrated with the policies they are governed by.
Now, some Oregon residents have had enough and are petitioning to become part of “Greater Idaho.”
The plan also includes part of Northern California.
Here’s more from USA Today:
The movement secured initial approval from two counties and aims to get enough signatures to put the proposal on ballots in November, according to the group called Greater Idaho.
If the group succeeds, voters in southeast Oregon may see a question on whether their county should become part of Idaho by redrawing the border.
“Rural counties have become increasingly outraged by laws coming out of the Oregon Legislature that threaten our livelihoods, our industries, our wallet, our gun rights, and our values,” Mike McCarter, one of the chief petitioners, said in a news release. “We tried voting those legislators out, but rural Oregon is outnumbered and our voices are now ignored. This is our last resort.”
Democrats control the governor’s office and state Legislature. Last year, Senate Republicans left the capital to protest a bill on greenhouse gas emissions.
Valerie Gottschalk, a chief petitioner, said she hopes the proposal will gain traction like the petition to recall Gov. Kate Brown did last summer, though proponents did not collect the 280,000 signatures for a recall election.
Greater Idaho said it needs to collect about 2,400 signatures from Josephine County and about 3,000 from Douglas County to appear on the ballot.
— Deni Hawkins (@DeniHawkinsKBOI) February 18, 2020
Read the group’s full proposal below.
Oregon is a mess.
Governor Kate Brown actually sent police after the Republicans who skipped out on a climate vote last year.
In the end the Republican lawmakers were victorious because there wasn’t enough of a majority to pass the resolution without Republican votes.
So all of the drama was really for nothing.
But when a Democrat Governor sends armed police after lawmakers who are skipping a vote, it is certainly enough drama to make people want to leave en masse.
To be clear, it is not the liberal nutjobs who are driving this secession attempt.
Those who would like to leave would likely be glad to leave them to their own demise.
- Oregon: Parents Sue School District over Teacher Counseling 8 Year Old Son on Gender Identity Without Their Knowledge
- Ghoulish Oregon law allows doctors to starve & dehydrate mentally-incapacitated patients to death
- Oregon Democrats push new bill to OUTLAW self-defense
- Oregon: SB 56 would mandate government surveillance of your newborn baby in your own home
- Oregon’s New Red Flag Law: State Confiscates Nearly 50 Gun Owners’ Guns
Sounds like hell to me.
What about you?
Good luck Oregon conservatives!
Cross-posted with DC Clothesline
- Oregon gun owners facing ‘no real surprise’ gun control agenda
- GOP Lawmakers Leave Oregon to Avoid Quorum, Tell Police to ‘Come Heavily Armed‘
- Antifa vs Patriot Prayer in Portland, Oregon…Again
- Oregonians submit ballot measure to secede after Trump victory
- Portland Property Owners — Will They Have to Make ‘Rest Spaces’ for the Homeless?
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line. Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately stifle conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and the new social site, Hardcore Conservatives.