Durham County, North Carolina, Sheriff Mike Andrews said that he plans to make numerous arrests in relation to a Civil War statue that was pulled down on county property. He was aware of the demonstration and held discussions with those responsible for the safety of its citizens and it was decided that they would not arrest anyone at the demonstration, obviously aware of how violent leftists are and they feared injuries would ensue.
They did, however, capture the entire protest on video to document those responsible and have already made the first arrest.
Takiyah Thompson, a 22-year-old member of the far-left Workers World Party and a student at N.C. Central University, was arrested after the video showed her climbing the statue and placing a rope around the neck so it could be pulled down She has been charged with the following crimes:
- disorderly conduct by injury to a statue (Class II Misdemeanor)
- damage to real property (statue as a fixture (Class I Misdemeanor)
- participation in a riot with property damage in excess of $1,500 (Class H Felony)
- inciting others to riot where there is property damage in excess of $1,500 (Class F Felony)
Sheriff Mike Andrews issued the following statement:
I am grateful the events that unfolded Monday evening did not result in serious injury or the loss of life, but the planned demonstration should serve as a sobering example of the price we all pay when civil disobedience is no longer civil. Before the protest, my staff met with our community partners to discuss how to safely and appropriately respond to the protest.
County leaders were aware of the risk of damage to the Confederate statute, as well as, the potential risk of injury to the public and officers should deputies attempt to control the crowd.
Collectively, we decided that restraint and public safety would be our priority. As the Sheriff, I am not blind to the offensive conduct of some demonstrators nor will I ignore their criminal conduct. With the help of video captured at the scene, my investigators are working to identify those responsible for the removal and vandalism of the statue.
Let’s hope the prosecutors and the judges don’t go SJW on us and let the thugs go.
Trending: Rural America – Targeted by Liberals
Exit question: Will Mitt Romney and John McCain side with her now that they’ve chosen to side with Antifa over President Trump?
- Communists, mob rule reigns in Durham, NC
- Hennepin County Flag Replaced by Antifa Flag
- John McCain, Mitt Romney side with far-left Antifa against Trump on Twitter
- Video: Antifa Assaults Black Conservative Student at Vigil for Charlottesville Victims
- James Woods warns: ‘Sadly,’ civil war coming
And if you’re as concerned about online censorship as we are, go here and order this book: