As we and others reported earlier Saturday, profane demagogue David Hogg concluded a somewhat Hitleresque anti-gun speech with a raised-fist salute. This prompted quite a few social media users to compare Hogg to the former German dictator.
Check out this little "Hitler " salute/gesture David Hogg does https://t.co/WcgLFm1qHh
— Jim wetz (@newspolice1) March 24, 2018
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
— Jolly Green (@rehfuss_dennis) March 24, 2018
Whether it was intended to be the Roman salute or not, it certainly wasn’t a good look.
The Daily Wire’s Ryan Saavedra noted that while a number of mainstream media outlets broadcast the speech, quite a few omitted the salute at the end:
Again, while it’s not clear what Hogg meant by his hand gesture, different media outlets like BuzzFeed News published clips of his entire speech, but specifically cut off the part where he makes the salute. Why edit it out?
"I’m going to start off by putting this price tag right here as a reminder for you guys to know how much Marco Rubio took for every student's life in Florida," Parkland survivor David Hogg says at #MarchForOurLives. pic.twitter.com/i54QSygI4C
— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) March 24, 2018
It doesn’t take much to understand why the salute would be left out, but did these media outlets honestly think the salute would remain a secret?
Buzzfeed wasn’t alone. The Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft said that CSPAN also did not show the salute.
- Sign at #MarchForOurLives rally sets bloody sights on Marco Rubio, profane demagogue David Hogg silent
- Demagogue David Hogg declares start of revolution: We’re going to make gun control ‘the voting issue’
- Video of the Day: Tucker Carlson explains why David Hogg should be rejected by rational adults
- David Hogg in profanity-laced interview claims NRA made up of ‘pathetic f*****s’ who want to keep killing kids
- Media darling David Hogg: ‘What if our politicians weren’t the b**ch of the NRA?’ — Video