Politics

Death of former UN official tied to Clintons called ‘conveniently timed’

John AsheFile this under “things that make you go ‘hmmmm…'”  On Sunday, an article at the New York Post said the untimely death of disgraced UN official John Ashe was “conveniently timed.”

According to the Post:

Ashe — who was facing trial for tax fraud — died Wednesday afternoon in his house in Westchester County. The UN said he’d had a heart attack. But the local Dobbs Ferry police said Thursday that his throat had been crushed, presumably by a barbell he dropped while pumping iron.

Ashe was due in court Monday with his Chinese businessman co-defendant Ng Lap Seng, who is charged with smuggling $4.5 million into the US since 2013 and lying that it was to buy art and casino chips.

Will this presidential election be the most important in American history?

barbell

The “death by barbell” scenario is interesting enough, but there’s more — much more:

Ng was identified in a 1998 Senate report as the source of hundreds of thousands of dollars illegally funneled through an Arkansas restaurant owner, Charlie Trie, to the Democratic National Committee during the Clinton administration. (Ng was not charged with any crime.)

Ng and Trie had visited the White House several times for Democratic fund-raising events and were photographed with then-President Bill Clinton and First Lady Hillary Clinton.

One source told me, “During the trial, the prosecutors would have linked Ashe to the Clinton bagman Ng. It would have been very embarrassing. His death was conveniently timed.”

Those who want to say this could be another “Vince Foster” situation, however, may be disappointed.

“There is not one iota of evidence that it was homicide. This is nothing at all like Vince Foster,” Ashe’s lawyer Jeremy Schneider told Richard Johnson.

Still, it’ll be enough to keep some people wondering…

After all, people connected to the Clintons have a funny way of dying

Related:

Be sure to check out and like our Facebook page here.

Joe Newby

A 10-year veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, Joe ran for a city council position in Riverside, Calif., in 1991 and managed successful campaigns for the Idaho state legislature. Co-author of "Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad," Joe wrote for Examiner.com from 2010 until it closed in 2016 and his work has been published at Newsbusters, Spokane Faith and Values and other sites. He now runs the Conservative Firing Line.

Related Articles

Our Privacy Policy has been updated to support the latest regulations.Click to learn more.×