One of the top ten goals of Americans in our lifetime has been to eat healthier and live a more healthy lifestyle. We get up and go for a run, walk or hike. Some head to the gym for a good workout. Most of us want a safer, happier and meaningful life so we make changes.
We set New Year’s resolution to eat the right things, avoid too much sugar and all-around promises to keep away from fattening foods. It’s good that we make commitments to live a better life. All of us want more energy, vim and vigor as we go about our everyday lives, don’t we?
However, are all those commitments really doing much good when our bodies are assaulted each and everyday by chemicals we can’t avoid? Everyday we wake up we’re being assaulted by some kind of chemical we have no hope of avoiding. According to experts there are numerous dangerous and chemical additives in our food, drink and the air we breath.
Most people believe that our government has put certain standards into use to protect our food chain and the air we breathe. If you continue reading, what you find out might just leave you standing in unbelief, shocked and dismayed. As we have recently found out, our government doesn’t always have our best interests in mind, do they?
We all desire a safer, more toxic-free food supply, but meanwhile most if not all of our food and drink products are contaminated with various chemicals, bacteria, heavy metals, and residues from pesticides. There have been several sources that say Americans are being, or have been, exposed to what is called POPs or “Persistent Organic Pollutants.” According to the EPA they are a problem that affect the whole world.
It might be alright if it happened once a day or maybe even a few times in our lifetimes, but did you know that you are being assaulted by chemicals around 70 times in one day? Chemicals like DDT and dioxin are moving through our food chain and into our diet at an astounding rate. Everyday contaminants from industrial waste and manufacturing plants taint the food supply, ecosystem, and our health.
Here are several known contaminants that are already in our food chain:
- GMOs also known as Genetically Modified Foods-Experts say the risks from these include introducing allergens and toxins to food, accidental contamination, antibiotic resistance, and changing the nutrient content of crops.
- Processing Contaminants-happen while the food is being processed by heating, cooking and fermentation. When this takes place there are chemical reactions that occur between natural and or added food products when heat interacts with what’s in the food. An example of things which can contaminate food are metal chips from processing. There are other things that can taint our food liked carcinogenic elements such as nitrosamines, mutagenic and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Animal drug and hormone residues-include rBGH also known as bovine growth hormone. This is a synthetic hormone which is still used in some milk that we and our children drink. The problem with this is the unnatural development of our children. It’s said our children drink 430 gallons of milk a year so there has been a significant amount of this artificial ingredient consumed.
- Military sources-it’s been estimated around 50 million acres where military bases are, have been contaminated with deadly toxins. These include, lead, antimony, copper, and zinc which are the primary chemicals composed in bullets. Lead is a primary source of contamination around shooting ranges. Other military contaminants include TCE and perchlorate. TCE or trichloroethylene is a liquid used as a degreaser for metal parts. It’s also used in paints, lubricants, varnished and has also been used to clean computer circuit boards. It is a colorless liquid and a known carcinogen in humans.
- Packing materials–Antimony, is used in a wide array of products like batteries. It’s also used in PET bottles. It’s said the level of antimony in PET bottles has been found to be 90 times greater than the level found in water, or juice, contained in glass bottles, this is because it leeches from the bottle into the liquid. Bisphenol A and BPA are dangerous chemicals found in things like baby bottles and wrappers from fast food restaurants. BPA is a known toxin and it’s also carcinogenic, yet it’s still legal to use in the U.S.
It’s interesting to note that the only ones benefiting from this chemical assault on Americans are the ones who make profits from the above-mentioned products. They prosper while our nation and people are being decimated by the cancers caused from the contaminants in our food, drink and air.
One of the largest financial interests that benefits on a massive scale would be our health-care system, they bring in billions of dollars from the sicknesses caused by the poison and toxins that surround us.
In 2011, the Huffington Post reported that, “a just-released report by the National Cancer Institute showed a 9.4% increase in childhood cancer between 1992 and 2007. Instead of the FDA announcing they were going to be working harder to help rid our lives from poisons and toxins, that are primarily man-made, they relied on the old stand-by statement of, “more research is needed.”
The Huff-Po article also stated a very troubling fact and that was, “In kitchens across this country, eight dyes, currently being used by manufacturers, can be found in everything from packaged macaroni and cheese to breakfast cereal to practically every piece of candy your child has ever put in his or her mouth. Links are being found to hyperactivity in kids (ADHD), cancer and serious food allergies.”
How long will Americans remain uneducated, or willfully blind perhaps, to the dangerous toxins in our food, either by accident or purposefully done it makes no difference. The time to do something is now before cancer or something dreadful happens to you or your children.
Here is a link to a list of toxins, where they are found and how to avoid them. Stay tuned to CFL for further coverage of “The chemical weapons assault against America.”
If you liked being informed about what’s contained in this article please check out some more factual articles that show our government at work in poisoning our world and our veterans:
- The mystery of the falling birds
- The massive honey bee die off
- The poisoning of America
- Mysterious animal deaths baffle the world
- USDA commits eco-terrorism in poisoning blackbirds
- The toxic legacy of vaccines are killing our most precious resource
- Genetically modified products are an abomination of God’s creation
- Fluoride: The poison our government is using to kill us
- Government perpetrated betrayal against our veterans
- Betrayal served in Nam’s jungles
- The sorrowful legacy of the American government against our veterans
- Honorable men destroyed by government’s ruse
- The Navy brings devastation to the island of Vieques
- Poison Dust: Our government’s betrayal is blowing in the sands of Asia
- Since WWII our veterans have faced unnecessary health hazards
- KBR seeks immunity concerning adverse health effects due to burn-pits