Carlos Bayon, 63, was arrested at the end of June for threatening Rep Steve Scalise (R-LA) and Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA). Capitol Police revealed in an affidavit filed in Buffalo, New York regarding a search warrant on Wednesday that they found more than just threats: they found ammunition, bomb-making books…and purchase receipts for an SKS, and a revolver. The US Attorney didn’t release the information, but it was on the court affidavit.
No guns were found in the search, yet special agent Lawrence Anyaso says investigators discovered:
- 150 rounds of 7.62-millimeter rifle ammunition
- 50 rounds of shotgun ammunition
- A 2004 receipt for an SKS assault rifle
- A 1987 receipt for a .38-caliber revolver.
Further, the affidavit says, investigators turned up books about guns and explosives. They listed the material as:
- “How to create a foolproof new identity
- “Ragnar’s homemade detonators
- “Homemade C-4
- “New & improved C-4
- “Middle Eastern Terrorist Bomb Designs
- “Poor man’s TNT
- “CIA field manual for explosive prep
- “Disguise techniques
- “How to circumvent security alarms
- “Silent But Deadly: homemade silencers
- “Hit Man: technical manual
- “Expedient B&E: circumventing alarms
- “Improvised radio detonation techniques
- “Homemade Semtex
- “Secrets of a Super Hacker
- “How to make disposable silencers
- “How to build practical firearm suppressors.”
Carlos Bayon left a voicemail message on Scalise’s answering machine, and Rodgers received a similar threat. The message said:
“Hey listen, this message is for you and the people that sent you there. You are taking ours, we are taking yours. Anytime, anywhere. We know where they are. We are not going to feed them sandwiches, we are going to feed them lead. Make no mistake you will pay. Ojo por ojo, diente por diente [Spanish for ‘an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth’]. That is our law and we are the majority. Have a good day.”
With the evidence found at his home, authorities believe the threat from Bayon was credible. He was charged with two counts of threatening to kill members of Congress (Scalise and Rodgers), and transmitting the threat across state lines by telephone. He faces 5 years in prison for the threats, and up to a $250,000 fine.
Steve Scalise survived one assassination attempt last year when he was shot at a Congressional baseball practice. He is the 3rd highest ranking Republican in Congress, and McMorris is the 4th. This threat serves to remind us that Congress members are continual targets of dangerous, deranged people.
- Thanks, Maxine Waters: NY man arrested for threats against GOP Reps….
- MSNBC’s Joy Reid suggests Rep. Steve Scalise deserved to be shot…
- Liberals, media set stage for shooting of GOP Rep. Steve Scalise
- Deceased Bernie supporter who shot Rep. Steve Scalise on Facebook: ‘Trump…
- ‘Assassination list’ of House conservatives found on body of Scalise shooter
As you may know by now, Facebook has greatly reduced the distribution of our articles in our readers’ newsfeeds while promoting so-called “mainstream media” outlets. When you share to your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content.
Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line and be sure to check out our MeWe page here and our PatrioticSpace group here. If you appreciate independent conservative reports like this, please go here and support us on Patreon. We thank you for your support and readership.