Yes, Virginia, there is honor among thieves. CNN has the story of a burglar who boosted an old Super 8 camera and tapes from a home in southern Spain only discovered to that the videos showed a man sexually abusing boys.
The unnamed robbery suspect, acting as a good (better?) Samaritan, hid the evidence under a parked car, then phoned police, telling them where to find it. Along with the tapes, he left a note with the home address of the suspected pedophile and the advice:
I’ve had the misfortune that these tapes have fallen into my hands and I feel obligated to turn them in so that you can do your job and put that [expletive] in prison for life.
Last Thursday, Spanish national police confirmed the arrest of a 64-year-old suspected child molester living in the southern provincial capital of Jaen. The man’s home is the one that had been burglarized.
The suspect is a local soccer coach who had lured some of his young players back to his home, where they watched pornographic videos together. The man then proceeded to sexually abuse the minors, police said.
Police have identified four children who were victims of the alleged abuse, including a 16-year-old who may have been abused for six years.
The suspected pedophile had reported the break-in at his home to police, listing various electrical appliances that had been stolen. He neglected to mention the camera or the tapes. During an investigation of his home, police say they found other tapes with graphic content of child sexual abuse.
And what of the “burglar with a conscience?” Police are still looking for him.
- Thief steals Chinese food delivery car, continues making deliveries
- College diversity coordinator who moonlights as porn star placed on administrative leave
- HS student goes undercover to catch backpack thief, nabs teacher
- Wal-Mart seeks felony indictment against worker who stole a few cookies
- OH woman arrested after shoveling snow from driveways without permission
- Scammers set up phony charity in name of 6-year-old Newtown victim
- Subway restaurant burglar foiled by his own potato chip trail
- McDonald’s employee arrested for spitting in customer’s drink
- Snackman: NYC’s snack-eating subway vigilante gets his 15 minutes (Video)
- Prosecutors come down hard on clerk who laced yogurt samples with semen
- SD woman breaks into home … to breastfeed a stranger’s baby
- Teens sentenced to probation after serving birthday cake ‘iced’ with human feces