While speaking at a Washington-area fundraiser for congressional Democrats, Barack Obama went even lower than normal and suggested today’s Republicans aren’t even patriotic, Kieth Koffler wrote.
Here’s the comment in context as reported by Koffler:
We’ve got one party in Congress right now that has been captured by ideologues whose core premise is “no” — who fundamentally believe that the problem is government; who don’t believe that we as a community, as a country have any serious role to play in giving people a hand up; whose budget reflects an interest in cutting back commitments to the most vulnerable and freeing the most powerful from any constraints; and whose principal focus at any given point in the day is trying to figure out how can they make people sufficiently cynical, sufficiently angry, sufficiently suspicious that they can win the next election.
I hate to be blunt about it, but that’s the play. And, by the way, when I say a party has been captured, it’s because I actually want an effective, serious, patriotic, capable, sober-minded Republican Party. And we’ve had that in the past.
Koffler translates, and I can’t think of a better way to put it: “What Republicans are actually doing is making a principled stand against the president. Opposition to Obama, it would seem, is unpatriotic.”
Make no mistake, this is all part of the effort to foment hate and violence against conservatives, something liberals excel at.
I can’t help but think these people really do want a second, bloody civil war in this country.
- Harry Belafonte: Obama should work like third world dictator and jail GOP
- Harry Belafonte: Romney victory would mean ‘end of civilization’
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Michael Moore calls for revolt in Michigan, vows to disobey right to work law
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Democratic Congressman says it’s time for unions to get bloody
- Liberal Daily Kos diarist calls for ‘benevolent’ Obama dictatorship
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today? (1)
Please be sure to check out and like our Facebook page.