Apparently, they forgot to bring along their Obama administration handbook, which advises that whenever a “mess” occurs, blame is automatically transferred to George W. Bush. It was Friday and a panel on MSNBC was discussing whose ass to kick over the lead balloon that was the rollout of the Heathcare.gov website.
After dismissing Prof. Plum as a suspect, the group was left with two possible culprits: the White House and (wait for it) Republicans, who “sabotaged” the rollout.
At the 0:56 mark in the video found of this page, MSNBC contributor Joy-Ann Reid remarks that “Republicans have been incredibly effective at turning the narrative 100 percent onto the website,” prompting host Karen Finney to state that Democrats should pounce on “morally disgusting” Republicans governors who have refused to set up their health care exchanges or expand Medicaid access in their states.
Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?
The most reasonable voice in the debate was that of Huffington Post columnist Sam Stein, who pinned the blame squarely on the administration’s shoulders (though, true to form, he also expressed the view that the Republicans should to be held accountable as well).
[The Obama administration] put a promise out to seven million or so people who were supposed to buy insurance from the exchanges they would have access to this. That they would get the medical coverage they needed and they have not delivered. And that is a fact.
The administration should be held accountable for that. And I will say this: it is creating an image for them that’s not a good one, which is that they cannot administer this president’s signature domestic achievement. I don’t think that’s an insignificant criticism.
As an interesting side note, Jeffrey Zeints the tech-savvy economic adviser hired by the White House to retool the broken Obamacare website, worked as a management consultant for Bain & Company. For those with short memories, this was the venture capital firm once headed by presidential hopeful Mitt Romney and exploited by Team Obama as measure of the man’s dubious mettle as a national leader.
- Main Street doesn’t blame Obama for shutdown, but you’ll never guess who is blamed
- WH takes down its own visitor logs, blames GOP
- Senior VP at firm that built Obamacare website is Princeton classmate of First lady
- Errors, glitches plague Obamacare health insurance exchange
- Liberal hack Paul Waldman’s solution for rescuing Obamacare is a day late and about a trillion dollars short
- Newest headache: Obamacare + sequestration = disaster for low-income families
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- Not even Oprah willing to shill for Obama WH when it comes to Obamacare
- Heathcare.gov dramatically underestimates insurance costs
- How badly did Team Obama botch Healthcare.gov? Some facts and figures
- Carney ducks Obamacare questions, walks out of press briefing
- Obamacare success stories trumpeted in confused (and confusing) Rose Garden event
- Thousands of consumers get insurance cancellation notices due to health law changes
- Young people could be the solution to euthanizing Obamacare
- Obamacare will increase average premiums by 99% for men, 62% for women
- Obamacare and wasteful lawsuits drive up cost of health plans
- Donor with ties to Bain Capital joins Obama on the links
- Obama’s Martha’s Vineyard vacation rental is from a ‘vulture capitalist’
- A golfing Obama skips one hole to avoid being photographed