AOC purports to dislike the rich, at least that’s what frequently comes out of her mouth while pushing things like socialism and the ‘green new deal.’ But on September 13, she attended a Met Gala in which the tickets were supposedly $30,000 each (tables $275,000). So she was hobnobbing with the very people she says she doesn’t like. All while wearing one of the ugliest designer dresses we’ve ever seen. It had the words “Tax the Rich” across it. That’s not the kicker- she’s constantly harping on people who don’t wear masks and no one at the Met Gala wore one, including her.
— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) September 13, 2021
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
She didn’t get away with it, and was widely criticized for her poor taste, although we are fully aware that she doesn’t care. Even her supporters took aim (Tweet responses courtesy of Daily Wire):
- Ej Dickson, senior writer at Rolling Stone, tweeted: “Am I the only one who thinks this is really f***ing stupid[?] 1) The dress is ugly, 2) She’s at a $35k per person event and this isn’t nearly the own she thinks it is. 3) The dress is ugly. I mean I love her but come on this is so dumb. Peak girl boss s**t.”
- Glenn Greenwald, a progressive blogger, tweeted: “Lots of people commenting snidely on the lack of masks and social distancing in this opulent indoor event in the middle of a pandemic but — as was true of Obama’s indoor bash — COVID wasn’t invited to the #MetGala and these are the sophisticated people who aren’t in danger.”
Then there were those who aren’t fond of her in the first place:
- Donald Trump Jr. tweeted: “What makes @AOC a bigger fraud: The “tax the rich” dress while she’s hanging out with a bunch of wealthy leftwing elites or the lack of masks after spending the past 18 months as one of the biggest authoritarian mask Karens in the country?”
- Lisa Boothe, Fox News commentator, tweeted: “Outside of AOC being tone deaf and a complete hypocrite, the dress is ugly.”
- Batya Ungar-Sargon, Newsweek editor, tweeted: If you spent your whole life trying, you couldn’t come up with a better illustration of woke progressivism as smokescreen for class that perpetuates inequality than the progressive avatar at the pinnacle of conspicuous consumption being feted with a cheeky slogan across her back.
- Dan McLaughlin, National Review senior writer, tweeted: “Whatever AOC is doing, it is not populism.”
AOC has never been known for her smarts. But she has been known for being a coward on January 6, pushing open borders with a photo op in a fake setting, and various other faux pas like wearing a $3,500 outfit while pushing her socialist agenda.
— HVNCHO🇲🇽🇺🇸 (@joesaverage) September 14, 2021
Is she tone deaf? Absolutely. Is she a hypocrite – that’s an understatement. And the dress itself? The color scheme looks much better on a Chick Fil-A bag than on a dress.
- Say it ain’t so! AOC not well-liked by 54% of voters, says Rasmussen
- AOC: GOP’s ‘White Supremacist Core Logic’ Is The Root Of Opposition To CRT (Video)
- Watch AOC Mask Up For Photo Op, Then Take It Off To Mingle
- AOC Slams Biden for Supporting Israel and the ‘Squad’ Accuses Israel of Terrorism While Supporting Actual Terrorists
- Critics Rip AOC As She Celebrates Frozen Windmills in Texas As Evidence of the Need For a Green New Deal
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the new social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.