Pretty much every civilized human being agrees that the Facebook live video showing the egregious beating of a disabled white man by four blacks in Chicago is, at best, evil. CNN’s Don Lemon, however, has a different take. While discussing the issue, he said it wasn’t “evil,” but the result of youths with “bad home training.”
Here’s video, and it’s quite disturbing:
At the end of the day, you just try to wrap your head around evil,“ said Daily Caller columnist Matt Lewis. “That’s what this is: it’s evil, it’s brutality, it’s man’s inhumanity to man.”
“I don’t think it’s evil,” Lemon said in response while denouncing the video. “I don’t think it’s evil. I think these are young people and I think they have bad home training.”
“I have no idea who is raising these young people, because no one I know on earth who is 17-years-old or 70-years-old would ever think of treating another person like that,” he added. “You wonder, at 18-years-old, where is your parent, where is your guardian?”
Bad home training? Really?
Needless to say, Lemon’s comments sparked a great deal of anger on Twitter.
— Andy Clark (@poof0017) January 5, 2017
— Grace Vasquez (@itsYourGrace) January 5, 2017
— Mr. Spicoli To You (@Spicoli83) January 5, 2017
I don't think Don Lemon is seeing this clearly: https://t.co/e8tf7ISrSK
— John Sexton (@verumserum) January 5, 2017
That’s putting it mildly.
For what it’s worth, Lemon isn’t the only one who doesn’t think this video is evil. As I reported earlier this morning, Facebook told users the video, which is so brutal we refuse to post it here, doesn’t violate their so-called “community standards.”
Meanwhile, voters say CNN is the “least trusted” network for news. Wonder why?
- Facebook: Video of white man gagged, tortured, beaten bloody doesn’t violate community standards
- Chicago: Four in Custody after Facebook Torture Session – ‘F*ck Trump,’ ‘F*ck White People’ (Video)
- Video: CNN’s Don Lemon uses West Wing clip to bash Christianity, Kim Davis, Matt Bevin
- CNN’s Don Lemon: There may come a day when we remove Thomas Jefferson from U.S. Capitol — Video
- Epic: UK reporter calls CNN ‘Clinton News Network’ — on CNN (Video)
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: