In an apparent effort to further stoke anti-Trump hate, The Atlantic senior editor and former Bush official David Frum attempted to link the horrific terror attack in England’s Manchester Arena to President Donald Trump.
“As we mourn Manchester, remember: for a moment of ignorant boasting, the president betrayed one of the West’s best sources inside ISIS,” he said in a tweet.
As we mourn Manchester, remember: for a moment of ignorant boasting, the president betrayed one of the West’s best sources inside ISIS.
— David Frum (@davidfrum) May 23, 2017
Many of the respondents to Frum’s tweet pointed out the lunacy of this statement and specifically how it was the news media that informed the world about who had provided valuable ISIS intel to the United States (the Israelis).
As this writer stated on Twitter, Frum’s lunacy can be derived from a devotion to the anti-Trump cause that went from reasonable concerns about Trump to full-blown hysteria and obsessive rage to anything and everything both Trump and Trump supporters say or do.
Got any evidence of linkage, or is this just an anti-Trump non sequiter? https://t.co/XruAnmwqGn
— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) May 23, 2017
As we mourn Manchester, remember: for retweets, David Frum exploited the murder of children and baselessly connected it to Donald Trump https://t.co/jcTbEcVl0P
— Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) May 23, 2017
Others weren’t impressed with Frum’s outrageous take:
Do you have no shame?
— Josh Offenhartz (@Johartz) May 23, 2017
Short answer: No.
What a douchebag you are, Frum.
— John Hawkins (@johnhawkinsrwn) May 23, 2017
scumbag liberal. Not surprised.
— Melz1590 (@melz42910) May 23, 2017
can you not use this tragedy to forward your anti-Trump narrative? Just stop for one night.
— jon (@jontalksDC) May 23, 2017
As we mourn Manchester, remember: David Frum couldn't stop hating The Donald long enough to be minimally decent about it.
— Richard DeCamp (@richdecamp) May 23, 2017
According to the BBC, witnesses who spoke to the media said:
Andy Holey, who had gone to the arena to pick up his wife and daughter who had been at the concert, said: “As I was waiting, an explosion went off and it threw me about 30 feet from one set of doors to the other set of doors.
“When I got up I saw bodies lying on the ground. My first thought was to go into the Arena to try to find my family.
“When I couldn’t find them, I went outside with the police and fire and looked through some of the bodies to try and find my wife and daughter.
“I managed to find them eventually and they’re OK.
“It was definitely an explosion and it was some force. It happened near the box office at the entrance to the Arena.”
So far, police have confirmed confirmed 19 dead and 50 injured in what appears to be a suicide bombing.
According to CNN, a Western law enforcement official said that a male at the scene in Manchester has been identified as the probable suicide bomber.
“A US official said a suicide bombing is now considered to be the “likely” reason for the blast,” CNN added.
- UPDATE: Video: Explosion, several fatalities at Ariana Grande concert in UK
- Jihadists celebrate slaughter of children at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester
- Unhinged libs chase down, berate Ivanka Trump; More unhinged libs blame Trump
- Thanks, liberal media: Republicans now face death threats from violent leftists
- Liberal media leading effort to kill Trump with innuendo, conspiracies, fake news
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: