Fonda plays Nancy Reagan in what amounts to little more than a cameo appearance, but veterans are not happy and are boycotting the movie.
The Post reported:
A vocal liberal, Fonda sparked outraged in the 1970’s when she toured North Vietnam, earning the moniker “Hanoi Jane” and critics blasted her casting as Nancy Reagan when it was announced. Fonda wears a T-shirt featuring her own image during the ‘Hanoi Jane’ days in the interview posted online.
In April, Fonda responded to veterans boycotting her appearance by telling them to “get a life.”
“I figured it would tweak the right. Who cares?” she added.
How about a lot of veterans who aren’t too happy that she went to North Vietnam and actually helped an enemy during a time of war?
Video of the interview can be seen here:
- Jane Fonda to veterans boycotting movie: ‘Get a life’
- Jane Fonda’s new regret: ‘Sitting on that gun in North Vietnam’
- Jane Fonda: Occupy Wall Street ‘important, wonderful movement’
- Teddy Turner: Jane Fonda made father a liberal
- Jane Fonda, Gloria Steinem: Time for FCC to take Limbaugh off the air
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.