As a result of the recent shootings, ambushes and out-and-out assassination of police officers, the latest occurring in Texas and Nevada, 58% of voters said in a Rasmussen Reports poll that they believe there is indeed a war on police in America today. Some respondents criticized President Obama for his televised comments about the police following incidents only involving white police officers and black suspects.
the president has brought all Americans closer together. But a meager 16% of whites and 21% of other minority voters (Hispanics, Asians) agree. Most whites (54%) believe Obama has driven the races further apart, a view shared by only 21% of blacks and 38% of other minority voters.
- Self-styled black supremacist calls for ‘open season’ on whites, police
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘If more citizens were armed, criminals would think twice about attacking them’
- Cowards Post Graffiti Threatening Police Lives in Maryland
- Police Chief tells FFRF to go fly a kite as Atheists condemns Christians
- Video pokes holes in Michael Brown shooting story