After being hammered by pretty much everyone with a functioning brain cell, the Department of Justice and the FBI reversed course on their decision to censor the transcript of a call between authorities and Omar Mateen, the Islamist gunman who murdered some 49 people and wounded over 50 more at an Orlando nightclub.
After beclowning itself with that decision, and defending it by claiming it would prevent further terrorism, the agencies reversed course, essentially performing a rather bad impersonation of the Keystone Cops…
Initially, Attorney General Loretta Lynch said the transcript would be edited to remove references to religion.
Then the FBI said it redacted the transcript to help prevent further terror attacks.
But it seems that’s all changed, because of the “unnecessary distraction” caused by the agencies’ censorship:
— Paula Reid (@PaulaReidCBS) June 20, 2016
Of course, it was the Obama regime that caused this “distraction” and yes, it was unnecessary.
Here’s the transcript we should’ve seen from the beginning:
Justice Department and FBI release unredacted Omar Mateen 911 call pic.twitter.com/FfHx8bzvXR
— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) June 20, 2016
But, some have observed, the transcript is still partially redacted.
— DS1 (@IA_Hawkeye) June 20, 2016
It seems the DOJ and the FBI left the word “God” in place instead of “Allah.”
Twitchy noted: “Congratulations, Obama administration. You’ve managed to make yourself look even worse.”
Maybe they’ll blame global warming or the Bush administration by dinnertime…
- Video: Loretta Lynch says partial transcripts to leave out Mateen’s pledge of allegiance to ISIS
- Video: FBI says it redacted ‘ISIS’ from Mateen transcript to ‘prevent future attacks’
- Obama regime’s transcript of call from Mateen: ‘I pledge allegiance to [omitted]’
- Poll: Nearly one in five says Obama is a Muslim
- Obama angers conservatives with remarks on slander of Islam at United Nations