On Wednesday, Fox News’ Tucker Carlson took on Commentary‘s Noah Rothman for an article in which he accused Carlson of advancing Russian narratives.
According to Real Clear Politics:
“Merely asking obvious questions, we are told to shut up and just obey,” Carlson said of people who want war.
Here’s a tweet in which Rothman accused Carlson of disseminating Russian propaganda:
Tucker Carlson's dissemination of undiluted Russian propaganda last night was atrocious. He did a gross disservice to Fox viewers. It should not be allowed to stand uncorrected. https://t.co/CSg3H2cFxV
— Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) April 10, 2018
Rothman denied ever accusing Carlson of supporting Assad. Carlson, however, quoted the writer’s own words accusing him of “defending a bloodsoaked regime.” Carlson argued that he is just being safe and questioning know-it-alls and anyone who states as fact what they actually don’t know to be fact.
Real Clear Politics added:
Rothman, a former blogger at Mediaite, wrote Carlson is “advancing pro-Assad narratives.”
Carlson said Rothman and people like him are “tools of people who want” war.
“Actors like you and on many other channels all over the left you hear people say what you said which is it’s unpatriotic or, in fact, treasonous to ask these questions and I am just saying how do you account for the fact that the Secretary of [Defense] is saying the same thing I said on Monday,” he told the writer Wednesday night.
“This comes from Reuters, the Defense Secretary (Mattis) was just asked specifically the question essentially we asked on Monday, the one you called us traitors for asking, which is do we know Assad was behind the gas attack,” Carlson opened the interview.
Here’s the video:
- Tucker Carlson shreds Adam Schiff for comments on Russia and the Second Amendment — Video
- Adam Schiff continues to push Russia collusion conspiracy, claims Dem report will show proof
- US to Stop Arming Anti-IS Syrian Kurdish YPG militia
- CNN claims in unverified report that Russian bots promoted pro-gun message after Florida shooting
- Dem Rep. Jerry Nadler warns: Any threat to remove Mueller will be seen as attempt to aid Russians