Last Friday, KCRA reported that “at least five students were arrested Friday as hundreds of others from several Stockton high schools walked out of classes in protest of gun violence after last week’s deadly shooting at a Florida high school.”
According to KCRA:
Stockton police said some students threw rocks and damaged both police and citizen vehicles.
Five arrests were made, including charges of battery on an officer, resisting arrest, taking an officer’s baton and vandalizing vehicles, including patrol vehicles, Stockton police said.
Those arrested ranged from 14-years-old to 18-years-old. The 18-year-old was booked into the San Joaquin County Jail and the juveniles were cited to their parents, according to Stockton Police.
In one incident, students clashed with a police officer and took his baton. According to the report, one person stepped up to help the officer:
The officer was patrolling an area of the high school while it was placed on lockdown. A person who saw the incident take place came to the officer’s aid until more officers arrived, police said.
“We do support the freedom to protest peacefully and freedom of speech,” said Stockton Police Department’s Public Information Officer Joe Silva. “While the majority of the students were peaceful today, we don’t condone the violence which was committed by a small handful of students. It’s unacceptable to batter a police officer and especially to take an officer’s baton.”
Here’s the video report:
Exit question: Does David Hogg approve of this? Inquiring minds want to know…
- David Hogg: ‘I’m not going back to school’ until gun control passed; Florida lawmakers are ‘child murderers’
- David Hogg orders: ‘Sell FedEx stock’ to hurt NRA; Anti-gun libs blindly obey
- Liberal media darling David Hogg demands spring breakers boycott Florida until gun control passed
- Video: David Hogg lies about Dana Loesch on CNN, falsely claims she sells guns, doesn’t side with gun owners
- Libs think kids protesting gun violence ‘are gonna save us all’ … But based on what?