While appearing on Monday’s edition of Fox and Friends, former Secret Service agent and NYPD officer Dan Bongino said Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel “has to go,” saying there’s no way he can continue to function in that role after apparently missing multiple signs that Nikolas Cruz was going to do anything.
According to Fox News Insider:
He noted that many have criticized Israel for the actions of now-resigned Deputy Scot Peterson, who failed to go into the school while the shooting was occurring, and the lack of response by the sheriff’s office after multiple people sounded the alarm about gunman Nikolas Cruz’s erratic behavior.
“There’s no way this individual should continue in this job. He needs to go, and he needs to go now,” Bongino said, criticizing Israel for shirking responsibility as he brags about his leadership.
He said it’s extremely “callous” for Israel to make remarks like that right after 17 innocent people lost their lives.
“You’re talking about ‘amazing leadership’ while parents have to deal with the fact that — at minimum — one of your deputies failed to respond in time and you missed multiple signals? No, it doesn’t work that way,” he said.
Here’s video of his comments:
Will Donald Trump win the 2024 election?
- Buzzfeed reports 22 more calls to Cruz home that Broward Sheriff never disclosed
- Report says up to four deputies did not enter Florida high school during shooting — Libs still blame NRA
- Broward County Sheriff Under Fire — Should He Be Removed?
- War on gun owners: Enterprise, Alamo, National end NRA discounts after liberal threats of boycott
- CNN town hall crowd jeers idea of rape victim defending herself with a gun — Video