During a speech in Sioux Center, Iowa, GOP front-runner Donald Trump joked about the loyalty of his supporters.
“And you know what else they say about my people? The polls! They say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters. It’s incredible,” he said.
Here’s video, provided by CNN:
“I hope he doesn’t prove it!!!” said a post at the Right Scoop. “Now those are ‘New York values’!!”
Trump declined to clarify the comment, CNN said.
Trump has joked about killing people before.
Last month, he appeared to consider whether he would kill journalists, as Russian President Vladimir Putin — whom Trump defended — has been accused of doing.
“I would never kill them. I would never do that,” Trump told supporters in Grand Rapids, Michigan, before reconsidering.
“Uh, let’s see, uh?” he said aloud, his voice rising. “No, I would never do that.”
Some have said that Trump was quoting a pollster, but we have not yet been able to independently verify that.
H/T The Right Scoop
- National Review cut from GOP debate after issue critical of Donald Trump
- Reports say Facebook banning Donald Trump supporters, blame Michael Moore
- South Carolina Democrat to introduce resolution banning Donald Trump from state
- Liberals express outrage after Trump, Bush, Jindal use term ‘anchor babies’
- Audio suggests Jorge Ramos ‘hunted’ Donald Trump to stage Iowa confrontation