During a speech in Sioux Center, Iowa, GOP front-runner Donald Trump joked about the loyalty of his supporters.
“And you know what else they say about my people? The polls! They say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters. It’s incredible,” he said.
Here’s video, provided by CNN:
“I hope he doesn’t prove it!!!” said a post at the Right Scoop. “Now those are ‘New York values’!!”
Trump declined to clarify the comment, CNN said.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: The Squad
Trump has joked about killing people before.
Last month, he appeared to consider whether he would kill journalists, as Russian President Vladimir Putin — whom Trump defended — has been accused of doing.
“I would never kill them. I would never do that,” Trump told supporters in Grand Rapids, Michigan, before reconsidering.
“Uh, let’s see, uh?” he said aloud, his voice rising. “No, I would never do that.”
Some have said that Trump was quoting a pollster, but we have not yet been able to independently verify that.
H/T The Right Scoop
- National Review cut from GOP debate after issue critical of Donald Trump
- Reports say Facebook banning Donald Trump supporters, blame Michael Moore
- South Carolina Democrat to introduce resolution banning Donald Trump from state
- Liberals express outrage after Trump, Bush, Jindal use term ‘anchor babies’
- Audio suggests Jorge Ramos ‘hunted’ Donald Trump to stage Iowa confrontation