On Sunday, as many as 60 Christians were killed when a member of a Pakistani Taliban faction detonated a bomb in a Lahore park where Christians were celebrating Easter. As many as 300 were reported wounded in that blast.
The State Department issued a press release condemning the attack, but refused to mention that the targets were Christians:
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) March 27, 2016
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
Instead, spokesman John Kirby only referred to them as “innocent civilians.” Yes, they were innocent civilians, but they were targeted specifically for their religion.
The Los Angeles Times reported:
A splinter group of the Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the blast, which it said was aimed at Christians celebrating the Easter holiday. Pakistan, an overwhelmingly Muslim nation, has a small Christian minority. Officials said they had not confirmed if Christians were the target.
Reaction was predictable:
— Richard Landes (@richard_landes) March 27, 2016
— (((Adam Smith))) (@A_Reality_Czech) March 27, 2016
Of course, if the roles were reversed, the press release would certainly be worded much differently.
Meanwhile, Obama says he’s ready to bring 100,00 more refugees into the country thinking that will help defeat ISIS.
- Obama finds time to lead delegation at opening of largest mosque in the US
- Obama to defeat ISIS by admitting 100,000 Syrian refugees to US
- Obama: ISIS is not ‘an existential threat to us’
- Obama: We can’t kill terrorists who murder innocents, suggests jobs program
- Obama snubs march against terror in Paris, 50 world leaders participate