On Sunday, we reported at Examiner that liberals took to Twitter to issue death wishes against members of the NRA.
One of those who called for death against NRA members and supporters was one John Cobarruvias, an elected member of the Texas state Democratic Party Executive Committee.
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
He reiterated his “fatwa” on his Facebook page, saying that those who support the NRA “need to [be] wiped off the face of the earth.”
Remember, Cobarruvias is not your rank-and-file liberal, nor is he just some illiterate miscreant spewing trash on Twitter.
He is an elected member of a state Democratic Party Executive Committee. As such, he holds some power within the Party. Bryan Preston of PJMedia put it this way:
As a member of the Texas State Democratic Executive Committee, he is in a position to influence his party’s strategies, finances and legislative agenda.
On Monday, he issued an apology, of sorts. It wasn’t a heartfelt “Gee, I really messed up and said something I shouldn’t have said” type of apology. It was one of those “Sorry if anyone was offended by my call for murder” kind of apologies.
Preston said he didn’t think the apology was “heartfelt,” and it’s easy to understand why.
“His call for the shooting of anyone who supports the NRA includes Texas’ governor, both of its senators, all of its other statewide officials and most elected members of the state’s legislature. His public threat against so many elected officials could constitute a terroristic threat,” he added.
So, should Cobarruvias’ apology be sufficient atonement for his earlier tweet, or should he face something more?
No doubt, if a Republican in his position had called for mass shootings of liberals or Democrats, the left would demand that person resign and publicly apologize. Some would probably call for criminal charges.
At the very least, Cobarruvias should resign, since his actions do not show the judgment one would expect from a member of a state Party’s Executive Committee. The state Party should also publicly apologize to all NRA members and supporters, including the elected officials Preston mentioned. Voters in the state of Texas and elsewhere should also remember that this is the type of individual who runs today’s Democratic Party.
With his tweet, Cobarruvias proved our contention that liberalism is an ideology of genocidal hate and rage, and the fact that he is still in office proves the double standard that exists in today’s America.
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members, repeal of Second Amendment
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Democratic lawmaker: Obama must ‘exploit’ murdered children to get gun control
- MSNBC: Founders who wrote Second Amendment ‘owned slaves, oppressed women’
- Liberals blame NRA for Connecticut school shooting, call for gun control
- Global gun control? Critics warn U.N. treaty would undermine U.S. gun rights
- Gun rights advocate: Obama said people shouldn’t be able to own guns
- NBC’s Bob Costas calls for gun control, cites Aurora shooting
- Obama Administration working on gun control ‘under the radar’
- Bob Costas gives anti-gun speech on Sunday Night Football, Twitter users respond