House Speaker and Obama lapdog Paul Ryan made quite the noise regarding his support for military veterans when he spoke at the RNC on July, 19, 2016:
“… and giving our veterans the care that they were promised and the care that they earned.”
But Speaker Ryan seems to have left out his betrayal of those retired from the Armed Forces of the United States.
As reported by CNN.com on Dec. 16, 2013, the proposed Obama federal budget deal at the time was cut by the former Republican vice presidential candidate, and a prominent ultra-liberal Senate Democrat. As it turns out, the budget deal ensured the money needed to further the Obama spending spree will be cut from the flesh of uniformed retirees.
Not from civilian federal retirees, and certainly not from the gold-plated retirement package in-place for ex-members of Congress. But specifically in the form of a pay cut to those who served in uniform. Keep in mind that the majority of those affected will be the former enlisted men who draw a notoriously small retirement stipend as is.
Ryan brokered his deal with then-Senate Budget Committee Chairwoman Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) which ensured a mere handful of years worth of governmental spending would come at the expense of the annual COLA (Cost of Living Allowances) increases for those retired from the Uniformed Services. And not just from the Armed Forces, but also to include NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps) and the PHS (Public Health Service Commissioned Corps).
The Ryan-Murray deal comes on the backs of retirees who will see a cut of a full “1 percentage point for military retirees who aren’t disabled and not yet 62 years old.”
As noted, “When compounded, the 1 percentage point cut could result in much more than a 20% reduction in retiree pensions over 20 years.”
What CNN reports fail to cite is that the 2014 COLA for uniformed retirees was a microscopic 1.5 percent. The Ryan-Murray deal guts that to an almost non-existent 0.5 percent increase for the cost of surviving in the current economy.
The proposed $63 billion spending increase sailed through the House of Representatives last Thursday evening on a vote of 332-94 with 169 Republicans voting in favor.
How It’s Paid For Just Found Out…
Trending: BREAKING: ARTURO D’ELIA CAUGHT: Head Of Italian Aerospace Company’s IT Department Used ‘Military Grade Cyber Warfare’ To Switch Votes ‘For Trump To Biden’ -ADMISSION VIA SWORN AFFIDAVIT! HOW DID HE DO IT? WHO WERE HIS HANDLERS? VIDEO EVIDENCE!
Reportedly, the revelation that military retirees would bear the brunt of the increase wasn’t been made public until *after* the House vote had already taken place.
Red-faced House Republicans that voted for Ryan’s deal note they were going off info Ryan assured them prior to the vote.
Despite the GOP being in the minority at the time, the Senate Republicans are making a stand firmly against their chamber passing the proposal.
Then-Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), then-Minority Whip John Cornyn (R-TX) and then-Republican Conference Chairman John Thune (R-SD) have all been unified in their voicing opposition to the deal.
Fortunately for the majority Democrats, all they need is four Republicans to cross over for the proposal to make it through Congress and be sent to the White House for signature by Barack Obama.
Cited as those that may cross the aisle are moderates such as Sens. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), and Bob Corker (R-TN).
The Wife Nails It…
Married to a soldier with 18-years of active service to include 4 tours in Afghanistan, Rebekah Sanderlin stated:
The war has been very hard on our family. We’d like to stay in, but it seems stupid to give more time to a government that goes back on their word.
To tax the very men and women who have sacrificed and served more than others is simply a foul.
The following groups have banded together to let the federal government just how betrayed they feel by the very same leaders they vowed to protect:
- Air Force Sergeants Association
- Air Force Women Officers Associated
- AMVETS (American Veterans)
- AMSUS, the Society of Federal Health Professionals
- Association of the United States Navy
- Chief Warrant Officer and Warrant Officer Association, U.S. Coast Guard
- Commissioned Officers Association of the U.S. Public Health Service, Inc.
- Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Gold Star Wives
- Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America
- Marine Corps League
- Marine Corps Reserve Association
- Military Officers Association of America
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- National Association for Uniformed Services
- National Guard Association of the United States
- National Military Family Association
- Naval Enlisted Reserve Association
- Society of Medical Consultants to the Armed Forces
- The Military Chaplains Association of the United States of America
- The Retired Enlisted Association
- United States Army Warrant Officers Association
- United States Coast Guard Chief Petty Officers Association
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Memorial Day crosses removed due to complaints angers Veterans, citizens
- Facebook says photo of Veteran’s headstone is “offensive”
- LA Times suggests military coup against President Trump
- Treason: U.S taxpayers funding Iran’s military expansion
- U.S. Justice Foundation lawyer: ‘Veterans primary target’ of gun-grab, Obama’s ultimate goal ‘disarm all Americans’