This can’t be right. They must have meant George W. Bush. Barack Obama, as everyone knows, has been the great uniter, bringing peace and prosperity to the farthest reaches of the globe.
“According to Egyptian newspaper El Watan,” writes Raymond Ibrahim at Human Events, “a group of Egyptian lawyers has submitted a complaint charging U.S. president Barrack Hussein Obama with crimes against humanity at the International Criminal Court.”
take our poll - story continues below
The complaint charges Obama of being an accessory to the Muslim Brotherhood, which incited widespread violence in Egypt both before and after the June 30 Revolution.
Along with Obama, the complaint reproduced by El Watan mentions several Brotherhood members by name, beginning with the leader of the organization Muhammad Badie, and other top ranking leaders such as Mohamed al-Beltagy, Essam al-Erian, and Safwat Hegazi, adding that ‘Obama cooperated, incited, and assisted the armed elements of the Muslim Brotherhood in the commission of crimes against humanity in the period from 3/7/2013-8/18/2013, in the Arab Republic of Egypt.’
The complaint begins by quoting Article 7.1 of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court, which reads:
Crimes against humanity
1. For the purpose of this Statute, ‘crime against humanity’ means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:
(d) Deportation or forcible transfer of population;
(e) Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;
(g) Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;
(h) Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime within the jurisdiction of the Court;
(i) Enforced disappearance of persons;
(j) The crime of apartheid;
(k) Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.
The complaint goes on with a point-by-point analysis of how the Muslim Brotherhood leadership — and, by extension, the group’s supporter, Obama — is complicit in having committed some of the most inhumane atrocities listed, including torturing, mutilating, raping, and killing.
- Viral Egyptian video blames Obama for siding with Muslim Brotherhood
- Jonathan Alter: Obama gets credit for overthrow of Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt
- Egypt to receive $450 million more from Obama administration
- Obama gives Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood $1.5 billion without Congress approval
- White House open to role for Muslim Brotherhood in post-Mubarak Egypt
- Egyptian protesters redirecting anger at U.S. and Israel
- Developing: Hamas sends troops into Egypt on orders from Muslim Brotherhood
- Breaking: Secret documents reveal U.S. has backed Egyptian rebels for 3 years
- Assad: Syria agrees to hand over chemical weapons but not because of U.S. threat
- Joe Klein: ‘Stunning and inexplicable display of presidential incompetence’
- Speech invite reveals ‘unbelievably small’ Obama’s unbelievably immense ego
- Obama’s Cuban missile crisis
- Obama official: Something about Assad, a fork, and Cheerios
- John Kerry promises strike on Syria would be ‘unbelievably small’
- WH justifies strike on Syria by insisting it passes the ‘common-sense test’
- Obama orders NSA to stop spying on U.N.
- With NSA furloughed, Obama asks Americans to spy on friends, family
- NSA story cuts into Obama’s popularity with young voters
- Breaking: NSA accused of spying on EU