Is this a real problem? It seems a bit unlikely that someone with the coronavirus would be climbing to a peak of 29,000 feet…
Nepal is currently struggling to cope with a massive outbreak of the coronavirus with approximately 9,000 people per day being infected. China doesn’t want the virus to return to the land where it began, so they’re doing whatever they can to prevent outbreaks.
And yet, here we are. China has decided to deal with the problem of the spread of the coronavirus by putting up some border marker at the peak of Mount Everest to delineate the Chinese side from the Nepalese side. It’s unclear how the border will be enforced, however, or if that is even possible.
Chinese state media announced on Monday that a team of 21 Tibetan climbers will scale Everest in order to set up a separation line between the Chinese and Nepali sides of the summit. The line is meant to prevent climbers from interacting on the tiny mountaintop, the country’s Xinhua News Agency reports.
Source: Global News (Canada)
The peak of the mountain is just a small mound of snow with space for about six climbers and guides, so putting up a “border” will be tricky. It’s also above an area called the “death zone” where many have died due to a lack of oxygen, so putting a guard up there isn’t an option.
Besides all of that, the idea that someone who has contracted a respiratory illness like the coronavirus would be able to make it to the peak when there is already an oxygen issue is just ridiculous.
“The idea that anyone with coronavirus could even reach the summit is impossible because climbers with any respiratory difficulties will just not be able to reach the altitude,” said Ang Tshering Sherpa, a veteran mountaineering expert.
He also said that climbers from each side take completely different routes to the peak of the mountain and would only meet at the summit. Even if they do meet, they would be wearing heavy gear including face coverings to protect them from the elements.
So, this is basically a pointless move by China to make it look like they’re actually doing something. I guess we shouldn’t be surprised, this is precisely how the World Health Organization conducted their 2-week investigation into the origin of the coronavirus more than a year after it had been released in the U.S.
Cross-posted with Clash Daily
- Gov DeSantis Plans Pardon For Those Affected by Covidictators
- Don’t Believe the New COVID Death Guess
- The COVID Police Fail AGAIN — Mask Mandate and Lockdown Narrative Coming Apart at the Seams
- Georgia Mom Rips COVIDictators Up And Down Over School Mask Mandates (VIDEO)
- Covid Vaccine Passports are Unnecessary, a Threat to Liberty and Just the Beginning of Corporate Rule
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Codias, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line.
While you’re at it, be sure to check out our friends at Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative front-page founded by ex-military!
And be sure to check out our friends at Trending Views: