On Thursday, Jesse Jackson actually compared former South African leader Nelson Mandela to Jesus Christ on Twitter. Seriously.
— Rev Jesse Jackson Sr (@RevJJackson) December 13, 2013
Not everyone was impressed with Jackson’s tweet:
@RevJJackson Do not compare Nelson Mandela to Jesus EVER!
— Claire Woods (@2LoveAMaltese) December 13, 2013
One person gave Jackson a little reminder:
@RevJJackson how dare you. Jesus, Gandhi and MLK never used violence. Shame on you.
— Elektrik ⚡️Hillbilly (@proudusafan) December 13, 2013
By the way, Jesus Christ wasn’t a Communist and he was never on the U.S. terrorist watch list like Mandela was. And at no time did Christ engage in the practice known as necklacing.
“Necklacing,” Wikipedia says, “is the practice of summary execution and torture carried out by forcing a rubber tire, filled with petrol, around a victim’s chest and arms, and setting it on fire. The victim may take up to 20 minutes to die, suffering severe burns in the process.”
“With our boxes of matches and our necklaces we shall liberate this country,” said Winnie Mandela, wife of the South African leader.
Jackson is supposedly a “reverend,” but I can’t help but wonder of what. Maybe he’s part of the “Church of What’s Happening Now.”
- MSNBC: Criticizing Obama’s ‘selfie’ at Mandela ceremony racist, sexist
- Sign language interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a ‘fake’
- Obama shakes hands with Raul Castro, appears to bow to Communist leader
- Bill O’Reilly: Nelson Mandela was a ‘great man’ and a Communist
- Nelson Mandela…a communist revolutionary morphed by the media into a saint
- S.C. sheriff snubs Obama, refuses to fly flag at half staff for Nelson Mandela
- White House marks death of Nelson Mandela with picture of Obama