The scope of the January 6th Select Committee continues to evolve this week, as the group is now taking aim at some of the nation’s most prestigious law enforcement agencies.
The committee has been attempting to drum up a narrative that would accuse Donald Trump of being complicit in a plan to incite the insurrection that took place on that fateful day. Then-President Trump was already acquitted of just such a charge during his second impeachment trial, however, which has given many Republicans reason to believe that the committee’s work may be of a more political nature than in investigatory one.
This week, the committee turned ever bolder still, sending a subpoena to the Secret Service in order to procure a number of deleted text messages from the days surrounding the incident.
The Secret Service has been subpoenaed in the ongoing probe into the riot on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, a move that a former federal prosecutor calls aggressive and significant.
The House select committee leading the investigation is asking the federal agency to turn over reportedly deleted text messages from the days surrounding the attack as well as any relevant action reports. The Secret Service has until Tuesday to produce agents’ phone records, that some believe may shed light on President Donald Trump’s actions during the riot.
The committee was bold and a bit accusatory as well.
“We need all the texts from the fifth and sixth of January,” Jan. 6 committee member Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif,. told ABC News. “We need to get this information to get the full picture.”
Lofgren added that she and the rest of the nine-member panel investigating the insurrection were shocked to hear that the Secret Service does not seem to back up their phone data.
The subpoena comes just days after several members of the Secret Service rebuked the testimony of White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, who suggested wildly that Donald Trump may have gotten into a physical altercation with an officer in an attempt to go to the Capitol during the insurrection.
Cross-posted with Flag and Cross
- Secret Service Prepared To Testify That ‘Star’ Jan. 6 Witness LIED
- Jan. 6 Star Chamber Star ‘Witness’ Caught In Massive Lie; Secret Service To Counter (Video)
- Sham Partisan Jan. 6 Committee Goals: ‘Imprison Trump, Destroy Electoral College, Nationalize Voting System’
- Former Trump Adviser Peter Navarro Indicted, Taken Into Custody After Refusing To Appear At Sham Jan. 6 Committee
- McCarthy: Pelosi’s Sham Jan 6 Committee Cannot Legally Convict Bannon
- Pelosi’s Sham Partisan Jan 6 Committee Turns Desperate with Subpoena of Sitting Lawmakers
- Suspicious Actors, Material Witnesses Sought by Jan 6 Defense
- Sham Partisan Jan 6 Committee Readies Criminal Referral for Trump
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.